Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the U18 and U12 masters have finished, with Manisha Foster beating Katie Gater in the 18s final and Freya Christie beating Kyra Akinnibi in the 12s final today. Next week is the U14 masters, with Katy Dunne, Pippa Horn and others playing.

I must say I'm quite shocked that Akinnibi didn't win the 12s as I thought she was miles ahead of the other Brits her age. The score was 26 60 63. Am I right to be surprised or have I just been overrating her?

·
Registered
3 Posts
was watching the final and Akinnibi appeared to have a shoulder or arm injury, although continued to play on, was clearly in pain/discomfort. Hope she is ok.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, Akinnibi miles ahead of anything else there. took 1st set easily. Her game is more developed and an adult game so i suppose she was not used to playing at the slow pace of this age group (doesnot normally touch it). Maybe has been injured and was just getting fit again.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The U14 masters is underway with Katy Dunne seeded 1 and Pippa Horn seeded 2. They both won their first round matches in straight sets over Ella Taylor and Claudia Marsala, respectively. Beth Askew was a WC entrant and won her first round match in straight sets over Naomi Jackson, as did Alice Keddie over Felicia James. Danielle Konotoptseva was the only notable casualty, losing a tough 3-setter to Isabella Van Green.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Hmm the Askews seem to be pretty talented, is there any potential there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts