Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how much you are supposed to tip a hair dresser. I've never been sure so I always tipped about 20%.

If the hair dresser owns the place, do you still tip since they get everything anyways? I know someone in a small town who has a home run business and I don't think anyone else tips her so I never did.

Should the tip be a higher percentage if there's more work? If you get a simple trim, do you tip the same percentage as you would if you got a whole new do or highlights or something?

If you buy a product from the salon, do you take the tip from the whole amount, or just the amount of the service?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
always 20% here. unless its a shitty cut.

more if my hair is getting highlighted since its so thick it usually takes about 3 hours for full highlights, so ill up the tip then.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I always give my hairdresser about $5.00

When I go to a cheap place, like a chain, I usually just leave about $2-$3

I think I leave a little much though, but my usual hairdresser is totally worth the $5.00! She's like a hairdresser, entertainment and counseling all roled up into one!! I keep telling her to get a counseling degree and then she can do haircuts and counseling sessions!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts