Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Scotty, I second the motion! :D

Hey, where are all the Sandrine supporters? I don't think Poe & Co. will create a thread for just two fans! ;)

COME ON IN! :wavey:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
Why don't you create a forum for the french players? and then the Mauresmo forum can move to that forum too..

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Per4ever, I'd gladly accept that compromise although I'm not sure how Amelie's supporters (Linnie, Sonya, & Co,) would feel as they already have their fave's name up in headlights.

I'll keep petitioning in the mean time. ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Administrator, aka Nibbler
5,919 Posts
I'll talk about it with Poe. :)

But we have to be sure that the forum will be used, otherwise we have to create forums for every player which is obviously not possible. We created those forums for players we knew had a large fan base and we limited it to the ones that are there because on the old UBB board it would take too much time to load the main page. Now that we're using vbulletin that shouldn't be a problem anymore. Sandrine is a very popular player with many fans (I like her too) so I'll see what I can do. I can't promise anything though cause Poe is my big boss. :D

·
41,227 Posts
well I think it's better with the nationalities: the belgian forum, the russian, the spanish..

just like Josh said, we'll have to have a forum for each player otherwise. and that's impossible.

·
5,566 Posts
Or is it possible to create a "main" forum for French players and two "subforums" :
- one for Momo
- one for Sandrine

This way, it won't take too much place and you'll be able to see how successfull Sandrine forum is :) .

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Thanks Josh! :D

I'm sure more Sandrine supporters will appear in this thread. They know I'll go after them if they don't post in here. :mad: ;)

·
41,227 Posts
I don't think so..I think they will understand..or I hope they will.

Mauresmo has only a few big fans here, and the momo-forum isn't used much..

·
1,793 Posts
I like Sandrine. I was so mad at her when she beat Monica at Wimbledon a few years ago, but I realised that she was a nice lady who always has a smile win or lose.

Saw a documentary on Eurosport about Sandrine and she is a nice person.

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
I wouldn't set your hopes on. I read what Josh posted, but subforums is not something we will do easily. I think I read about problems occuring if you go into too many "sublevelforums" so I don't think Poe will do that. We don't want our cute little board to crash now don't we? :D

I know it would be cool for Sandrine fans to have a forum of their own, but would it be that often used? Yes it would be used like all the players forums, but is it necesary to have a specific forum for the threads you'll post? Think about it.

I think you're best shot is to try to merge with the Momo forum and have one big French forum. But of course who knows if all Sandrine fans stand up, we might make one after all.

btw, whatever decision we will take i doubt it will be for in the next few days. :)

·
5,566 Posts
That's an idea to start with a "little thread" in the Momo forum, if Momo's fans don't mind the "invasion" ;) .

And see how successful it is...

In the "Asian Assault" forum, there is de facto a thread for Angelique Widjaja, one for Su Wei Hsieh and another one for Chinese tennis (a little bit of free advertisement :) ;) ).

So why not do the same in the Momo forum and see from there...

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, Double Fault. :)

And, Carot, thanks for the feedback. Let's see how many petitions I can muster and we'll take it from there. So much for the the subforums idea as I certainly don't want to cause the board to crash. If that happened you can just forget about the bodyguard and I'll begin planning my own fiuneral arrangements! (I hope some of you would still make it) ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts