Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Playa is correct about the double standard.

The truth is what he wrote in response to Amber was almost as foul as what Amber wrote. But the administrators response was bull shit because they only punished playa.

Amber is a regular poster on this board, (wouldn't be surprised if she were Adrian), who used a pseudonym. Banning Amber did nothing to the true party, so playa was the only one punished, inspite of the fact that his only crime was to over react to some disturbing shit. What's more I believe that the administrators could in actuallity find out who Amber is.

When we changed sites my name got lost. I am an infrequent poster so I had changed my name cause I couldn't remember my pass word, or which mailstop I used...after the update all my posts showed under my first name of justenis, even though I posted them as n2sWmS. My point being that they can and should have taken steps to determine Ambers true identity if they really care about what was written,, but they don't!

·
Team WTAworld, Administrator, aka Nibbler
5,919 Posts
If you don't know the whole truth you shouldn't talk.

Firstly Playa wasn't punished. I asked him to refrain from calling Anna a bimbo and I said I wouldn't take action because he apologised.

Secondly Amber was banned from this board and we found out that a person who was also posting in that thread had the same IP address as Amber and we banned that person as well.

Thirdly, we suspended another member who also used racist language in that thread. That user was suspended for one week (not banned) because he was obviously provoked by what Amber had said, therefor we decided not to ban him but suspend. Even though he was provoked we cannot tolerate racist language.

So before you open your mouth, you should get you facts straight and stop accusing us of things that don't make sense.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
Someone who's banned can't return with another login normally. They don't ban a name, or an emailaddress, they ban the IP-addresses of that person. Mostly everyone has a static one, so they can determine who's coming online by that address.

There are ways to avoid it..but people who don't know much about it won't be able to do anything about it.

And I don't think it's up to you to criticize the administrators. It's their board which you are using to communicate with other tennisfans. When I run a bar, I also have the right to refuse certain customers..it's the same online.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I didn't know the whole truth it's because they didn't tell the whole truth. Why tell us that one person was suspended and not tell us who was really behind Amber.

My opinion is still the same. Talk out of both sides of your collective mouth all you like, and it doesn't change either truth or perception.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
perwhatever

U are absolutely correct, it is their board and I will say what I think as long as it's an open forum. If they don't like it, they can ban my IP, and trust me unlike most of you my day would go on.:rolleyes:

·
Team WTAworld, Administrator, aka Nibbler
5,919 Posts
If you had bothered to read the thread in question you would have known the truth. I explained who got banned and suspended and I explained the reasons why we took action.

We found out later that another poster was behind 'Amber' and so we banned him. We sent that user an email explaining the situation.
But what should we have done? Post a thread with all the details? That would have caused even more controversy. Fact is that we did our job. I can tell you that Amber is NOT Adrian because he would have been banned if he was, so I appreciate it if you don't accuse other members in the future.

·
Registered
17,921 Posts
You Go, administrators! You always have my full support because I am so grateful to have a site like this one to come to. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

I was unfortunate enough to read that thread before the ugly posts were deleted. Still, I was quite confident that the next time I returned there they would be gone, and indeed they were. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

However, only now do I learn that "bimbo" is banned language! :eek: That seems pretty extreme to me (but maybe bimbo means something worse elsewhere than it does in the US)? So I just wonder, is an equivalent phrase like "Tennis Barbie" which I saw in an article this week, also banned?:confused:

·
63,556 Posts
I remember martinafan and I (different person) were banned same time in the Sanex Board because SAME IP numbers! Anne Bonney was totally wrong!

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
The administrators rule!!!(Especially Buttercup and Susie;))Woohoo!!!!:kiss: :hearts:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,566 Posts
Janie :) ,

my English being not that good and this story taking a lot of space in most threads, I took my English / English dictionnary to look at the word BIMBO (Oxford - Advanced Learner's) :

1. (British - derogatory )
An attractive young woman, esp one who is not very intelligent

2. (US - derogatory )
A foolish or stupid person
In both acceptions, this word is derogatory .

As I said, my English being somewhat limited :) (I am French after all ;) ), I checked the word derogatory in the dictionary :

Showing a critical attitude to sb's reputation, etc; insulting : derogatory expressions like 'the rat race' .
So I guess it was not nice to use this word for Anna K :( .

BTW, I like Barbie, don't you ;) .

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
It is not the business of every single person who is allowed to use this privately-run bulletin board what disciplinary action the admins take. They don't answer to you. Frankly, unless you have some serious issues in your personal life that spill over into everything you do, why would you even care?

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Charming :rolleyes:

Thanks Josh for clearing my name :)

It really is a day to day proposition isn't it?, One day I'm accused of saying to much, the next of hiding behing another nick. After 12 months on the other and this board though, most who know me, know I wouldn't hide behind another Nick, just say it like it is.

So excuse me if I call the owner of this thread a total Liar.

·
Registered
17,921 Posts
Tine,
Thanks for responding! If "slut" is a common meaning for the word Bimbo in Europe, no wonder it is banned on this board!:eek:

In the US, Bimbo merely means "airhead" or "dumb blonde" - not kind, but FAR less offensive!

Steveg,
Now that you mention it, I never DID like Barbie! ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
After reading this thread i went to find Playa's thread, then that sent me searching for other threads that were connected.;) All I want to say is that, no one really knows who is who in cyberspace and that includes this board. Some people could have muliple names they post under. Probably some posters come on as fans of other players that they do not like and post garbage to make those fans look bad!

So you never know, Playa could be Vanity.:rolleyes: Or Vanity could be Playa.

How about everyone stop yelling about double this and double that, she call me this and he called me that, you're a liar, no you're a liar. Leave the petty garbage out with the trash and post about tennis! From what I have seen the admins. have been doing a great job(and I have been reading this board for a long time and I was on the Sanex board!) :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.