Tennis Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

Registered
I thought it was a great match鈥攁n intense battle, too. And more importantly, I enjoyed seeing them show off their individual strengths. If DRC can continue this form, she's going to be a dark horse for the AO. She really seems to be striking the ball gorgeously right now. These back-to-back runs with seeded scalps have been fantastic.

Ash looks good, too. She really lifted her game when she needed it, which was great to see. That's what you want from a top seed鈥攕omeone who's going to meet these challenges by bringing their level up!

Registered
Ash :)

14 Aces !
Head To Head now 3-0.
Mentally very strong once again.
She again showed that she is the real #1.

Dani :cry:

Heartbreaking painful close loss.
She has the game, but must improve mentally.

Registered
Ash's serve is such a thing of beauty when she's using all parts of the service area. I swear she doesn't bring it out against lesser talents, and this is why there are surprising lapses in her consistency. But today she got it done when it looked like Danielle might pull it out of the fire. I get so tired of all parsimonious praise for Collins on this board (not necessarily this thread). She doesn't come from a club, she ain't rich, she screams like DeMinaur -- where is the guff for DeMinaur? She's 0 - for - semifinals, and this hump she will need to get over soon. Bet she will.

Registered
Really good to see Ash stepping it up here when it matters. She has really improved here over the course of the week. :) Hopefully she will be able to deal with all the pressure in the final. Last year in Sydney against Petra she just could not get it over the finish line and Dayana will certainly play a very intense match without giving up. :)

Tough luck for Danielle. I like her feisty attitude and it was also a bit amusing to see Ash so irritated by someone. Hopefully her illness won鈥檛 bother her too much throughout the year.

Registered
I have to say, Danielle Collins is so good to watch. So intense and a fierce competitor. I know Ash is also a fierce competitor in her own way but Danielle is almost like the underdog.

Crowds will probably never really warm up to Collins but I can relate to that and love how she fights through it.

Registered
61 - 68 of 68 Posts