Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
84,403 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Collins deserved to win that one. Crowd got a bit too excited and were overjoyfull at some of Collin's UE. The thing is that instead of doing something like Chakvetadze she decided to make this annoying scream at one of Barty's UE and celebrated at 6-5 like she have won the match. Anyway she had a great week and she will be a nightmare for Halep in the 3rd round should they both make it there because it is the new WTA after all...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Love Collins energy, she truly finds a way to play with a chip on her shoulder no matter what. I remember the initial Miami run back in 2018 when she had crowd support and still acted like the world was against her. Whatever it takes, girl!

Barty's serve in that first set was dire, but once she landed first serves she ran away with it. She's still uniquely reliant on her serve landing and her return is too passive at times, but she's won her share of matches playing a middling level this week. Hope the kinks are all worked out and she's ready for both a final against a different flavor of basher and two weeks of intensity in Melbourne.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Ash basically admitted that she hasn't been enjoying tennis as much lately, which has been obvious. Let's hope she finds that love again.
I thought she was referencing her comeback from four years ago, not the Fed Cup/Brisbane losses. Would love to find a clip of that, only heard it the once in passing so I may have misheard it/heard what I wanted to hear.

·
Registered
47,654 Posts
lmao imagine if she screams like that in Serena's face :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
She wouldn't dare.

I'm not sure Danyell is one of those players where getting so fired up helps her game. From what I've seen, she's at her best when her temperament is on the calmer side.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
She wouldn't dare.

I'm not sure Danyell is one of those players where getting so fired up helps her game. From what I've seen, she's at her best when her temperament is on the calmer side.
I bet she would, actually. She really gives zero f****.

As for whether it helps or hinders, she's such an all-or-nothing player that when she's landing everything and running away with the match, she doesn't need to scream and carry on and cheer errors. She pretty much just goes into it when it's tight or she's behind or in the middle of the comeback. As to whether it helps, I don't know, but I don't think it's the precipitating factor in her falling behind in matches, etc.

·
Banned
2,412 Posts
I bet she would, actually. She really gives zero f****.

As for whether it helps or hinders, she's such an all-or-nothing player that when she's landing everything and running away with the match, she doesn't need to scream and carry on and cheer errors. She pretty much just goes into it when it's tight or she's behind or in the middle of the comeback. As to whether it helps, I don't know, but I don't think it's the precipitating factor in her falling behind in matches, etc.
Collins is a feisty and outspoken girl. She wouldn't change a thing when facing Serena or anyone for that matter.

·
Registered
10,678 Posts
Love Collins energy, she truly finds a way to play with a chip on her shoulder no matter what. I remember the initial Miami run back in 2018 when she had crowd support and still acted like the world was against her. Whatever it takes, girl!

Barty's serve in that first set was dire, but once she landed first serves she ran away with it. She's still uniquely reliant on her serve landing and her return is too passive at times, but she's won her share of matches playing a middling level this week. Hope the kinks are all worked out and she's ready for both a final against a different flavor of basher and two weeks of intensity in Melbourne.

I agree with you ... if Barty can add that 20% of improvement that we know she's capable than she should make a deep run in Melbourne if she can beat opponents like Collins playing her middling level. As for Danielle ... her mentality is a double-edged sword must be said.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I wanted Collins to win so bad. Sadly she didn't play like she did all week. She just hit way too many unforced errors and did't go for it as much.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,287 Posts
I wanted Collins to win so bad. Sadly she didn't play like she did all week. She just hit way too many unforced errors and did't go for it as much.
That's what a good serve and a good slice will do. It is hard to attack off a big serve and it is also tough to attack against a really low bouncing slice. When Collins has an opponent who gives her what she wants she can look pretty unstoppable. But when she has to face someone who has the skill of Barty to neutralise a lot of Collins' strengths life isn't so easy for her.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Good match... I hope getting to the final isn't gonna affect Barty too much in the Aus.Open. Quick turnaround. Collins has to go into Aus.Open feeling great! Watch out!

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
I’m sure the comment re ‘thank you for helping me enjoy tennis again’ has been either taken out of context or blown out of proportion?

Great fight from both and I’m glad Barty got through - she needed a final ASAP after the disaster that was Brisbane. I like DRC but her OTT come on’s are uncomfortable to watch and comes across all kinds of trailer trash, even though she’s not.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts