Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Lol go tell this to your countrymen who was disgraceful yelling at every error Collins was making, roaring and screaming "com on" every time she was hitting out of court... I would have been way worse that her if I was on that match playing. Biased douche which doesn't respect players, same as those public attending the match. Shame on you.
K.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Lol go tell this to your countrymen who was disgraceful yelling at every error Collins was making, roaring and screaming "com on" every time she was hitting out of court... I would have been way worse that her if I was on that match playing. Biased douche which doesn't respect players, same as those public attending the match. Shame on you.
Agreed. Disgusting behavior by the crowd. But let's villainize collins. Ok. All alone out there, w no one cheering for her, sure her reaction was "controversial" lol gtfo

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Thank god Ash won, that was close! She's still not playing her best, but she knows how to win matches even when she isn't, and that is the most important trait of any top player (and also why she is #1 in the world.) However, that's not to say she was playing bad or anything, she had to bring out a good level today to win. Her serve was amazing, (14 aces, 80% win on the first serve) and she cleverly used slices to break the momentum of Collins. DRC's previous opponents gave her very uniform balls with not much variety to them, so DRC had a lot of rhythm and could kill them easily.

Great that Ash managed to beat an in-form basher; this should give her more confidence at AO.

As for Collins, I don't like her behaviour much, but it's nice to see her playing well again after her RA diagnosis. She'll be very dangerous at AO, definitely a dark horse!

Barty-Yastremska should be good. She routined Dayana in her title run at Miami last time, let's see what happens this time around.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
All this good form may of come at a price for Danimal...

MTO for back complaint, hope she heals up in time for next week.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
It is very difficult for Collins game type to beat someone as consistently good as Barty.
At some point Collins game will come apart, and Barty will always be there to take advantage of that slip.
Collins game came apart in the 2nd set, and I was surprised she got her game back together in the 3rd set.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Did she say this after the match? Or another interview, is there a link?
She said something along those lines, like thanking the crowd for helping her enjoy her tennis again or something

·
Registered
3,145 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Are you serious?????

·
Registered
37,592 Posts
Ash basically admitted that she hasn't been enjoying tennis as much lately, which has been obvious. Let's hope she finds that love again.
Back to cricket again?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I didn't like this match at all. First set was the only saving grace.

·
Registered
19,177 Posts
So close for La Potra (Danimal). She actually dealt well with that back issue in the third set to make it competitive after being breadsticked in the second. Better to try to heal that with the AO being so close, no need to risk it but that’s a tough loss nonetheless.

I read complains but she wasn’t even “that” bad until 5-5 in the second and that’s what bugged Barty, managing to get the crowd into it a bit more. Other than that it was a pretty entertaining duel. ?

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
You sure? Would be quite the story if she actually said she’s lost interest in Tennis as a world number 1.

Maybe the devastation in Australia has got her down. Realized there are more important things in life than Tennis, big animal lover.

She said something along those lines, like thanking the crowd for helping her enjoy her tennis again or something

·
Registered
84,406 Posts
Nice win for the home crowd...but Barty is so boring..

·
Registered
84,406 Posts
21 - 40 of 69 Posts