Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a poor showing against Keys in Brisbane, Danielle comes back and mauls Kenin. Impressive.

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Nice stuff :D

I like Kenin too but I think Collins was too great a handful for her.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Collins and kinin were tied 3-3 in the first set then Collins won 9 of the last 10 games.
The match was really no contest.
Collins flat and fast groundies and serve were too much for Kenin to handle.
Collins won 84% of her 1st serves in.

·
Registered
784 Posts
danielle is playing excellently at the start of the season, her serving, great groundies, her fist pumps, everything. just to much power for sonya today.

on this form will be a dangerous opponent in melbourne, don't expect her to do what she did last year, but a second week is very possible.

worst i have ever seen sonya play. didn't seem to have the passion today, maybe not 100% fit, who knows.
maybe she's feeling the pressure on what she did last year.
i wouldn't right her off though. she will be embarrassed by this performance and i expect her to regroup quickly.

·
Registered
35,737 Posts
Awesome tennis from Collins, but Kenin allowed it. Collins was teeing off on her backhand side and Kenin was directing 80% of her shots there.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Fantastic stuff from Danielle today... almost bageled Kenin in the 2nd set! Those BH's from her were on fire. She mentioned not keeping well and having trouble today with keeping food down so this win will definitely make her feel much better. Hoping she continues to do well this year. :)

Something wasn't right about Sofia today. She never got into a good rhythm and her focus just wasn't there vis-a-vis Collins who looked completely into it today. Maybe it is a slight injury on that left thigh of her's which was taped up. Hope she returns in the AO all fit.

·
Registered
279 Posts
With the right draw (avoiding huge hitters) Collins could easily replicate her result at the AO from last year if she can keep this form. Just devastating off the ground and return.
Kenin just couldn't get going today and like others said didn't seem all there but full credit to DRC for just smothering her out there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,970 Posts
2nd week of the year, 2nd WTA premier quarter-final. Collins has certainly got off to a positive start in 2020, which is great to see after some struggles in the 2nd half of last year.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Interesting year ahead for Kenin, this is the first time she has to defend a decent amount of points.

Surprising handshake for players that have played on the same Fed Cup team. Collins was nonplussed, even somewhat amused by the exchange.

·
Registered
18,716 Posts
Beautiful to watch DRC while playing that attacking tennis. Kenin looked hopeless.

·
62,122 Posts
Interesting match up against Bencic now.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Danielle Rose lead the H2H 2-0 convincingly before this match so I'm not too surprised at this. However, I am extremely impressed with Danielle Rose this season so far, she is peaking again and hopefully, this can translate to Melbourne where she did amazing last year. She is not someone you want to see in your part of the draw.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts