Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maky! :love:

Aside of doublefaults , pretty good perfomance - Rodionova was terrible - how did Sloane lose to this?

Thats 18 games in row won right now!
Onwards!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
2 matches, 3 bagels for Maky :love: And this is after not playing since Wimbledon last year. It's nice to see Vondrousova back on the tour, I hope she has a good injury-free year. Poor Rodionova was totally outclassed.

It's a shame Ash and Maky play against each other next as I like both of them. Hope it's a good match!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Rodionova beat CSN, Potapova and Stephens to get to this match, but then she ran into a concrete wall.
Up against The Von she looked like a 200th ranked player.
But, The Von makes a lot of players look bad.
The 20 y/o Von is ranked #16 now and should be in the top ten this year.

·
Registered
37,409 Posts
Lolololololol

Good to see Marketa healthy again :love:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Rodionova beat CSN, Potapova and Stephens to get to this match, but then she ran into a concrete wall.
Up against The Von she looked like a 200th ranked player.
But, The Von makes a lot of players look bad.
The 20 y/o Von is ranked #16 now and should be in the top ten this year.
Czech Republic might very well have three top 10 players in 2020. No idea what they do over there to girls, but every other country should take notes on how to mass produce talent. I mean sure, I bet they invest in the sport (courts all over the country), but obviously not to the degree of other countries that have not even 1/10 of the success they do.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Maky :love: already slaying. Rodionova wouldn't even win 5 points in that first set if it weren't for Vondroušová's DFs : oh :

Hopefully she can go further, but I'm already glad she came back this strong so soon :)

If Sloane doesn't think about herself after seeing this result, then I'm not sure anything can help her at this point.

·
Registered
18,731 Posts
Maky! :love: Fantastic. :)

Arina was so bad Imao

Now FO F rematch. I want Maky to do well

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
When a top player comes out with focus and intensity and desire, this is the type of result you expect when they play a #201-ranked player.

Vondrousova hadn't played in 7 months prior to this week, and Rodionova didn't have a chance. Sloane could only win 4 games off this same player yesterday. It makes no sense.

·
Registered
369 Posts
To be fair to Stephens Rodionova played a lot better yesterday. Some of that was down to Vondrousova's game style, but I think a lot was down to her just playing better yesterday than today.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
To be fair to Stephens Rodionova played a lot better yesterday. Some of that was down to Vondrousova's game style, but I think a lot was down to her just playing better yesterday than today.
Even today despite the scoreline it wasn't a total beatdown. There were a couple of deuce games and Rodionova had a chance to break, it's just Vondrousova played better in important points.

Of course, Vondrousova was a bit rusty, especially that serve. She'll definitely need to play better if she wants to win her next match.

·
62,130 Posts
Congrats Maky :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts