Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Poots 6-4, 6-4 over Sieg in a close match. Poots was more consistent than Sieg.
Poots went vocal on several close calls, and I believe she got a warning.
in the 2nd set Poots changed her shoelace. Never seen that before. Sieg said " Is she going to take 10 minutes to change that shoelace?"
At the end of the match both players went straight to their bench and didn't get within 25 feet of each other. No handshake hugs or kisses from these two.
for video on YouTube -- putintseva vs the umpire --- found by chrisR80

·
Registered
13,268 Posts
I missed the very end of the match - did they not even tap rackets?

I watched most of this and thought it was quite good quality overall, lots of the usual variety from Laura, but Putin just that bit more solid off the ground. Laura questioning lots of calls as per, exaggerating how wide / long the balls she thought were out mind! Putin was generally quite calm by her usual standards.

·
Registered
16,306 Posts
Honestly Poots need to realize she's lucky she's even playing a tournament right now. She can't complaint right now

·
Registered
114,788 Posts
Putintseva survived the mice in her hotel rooms and now has to survive these officials

Reactions: miguelito22

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ChrisR80...thanks for finding the video. The two most emotional players on court together, but the hugs and kisses at the end of the match show they are Best Friends Forever.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Putintseva comes across horribly on and off court. Such an entitled person. Siegemund is terrible on court but seems nice off it but, yes, she’s the last person who should complain about a delay.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Putintseva comes across horribly on and off court. Such an entitled person. Siegemund is terrible on court but seems nice off it but, yes, she’s the last person who should complain about a delay.
They say Poots is nice off court, that's her alter ego Putin.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
This drama was so expected when two worst behaving players play against eachother.
Gamesmanship galore!
I must say I was here team Siegemund! 😝

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Poots done it before against Van Uytvank at the Australian and also a match before that. A master of the dark arts. Other scams include lengthy bathroom breaks at opportune moments and occasionally mimicking her opponent.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Poots definitely has small woman syndrome. Its not classic small woman syndrome because she is not that short compared to average, but relative to other WTA players she is

1 - 20 of 41 Posts