Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
44,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good start for Iga in Adelaide. :) Great to see her play here and boost this event really! :)
Up next is the winner of Inglis/Stosur.

Shame for Madison, but this is not a good match-up for her anyways really.

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
I Iga playing Dubai-Doha? Hopefully she doesn't play her arm off, seeing that she has that precautionary taping.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I Iga playing Dubai-Doha? Hopefully she doesn't play her arm off, seeing that she has that precautionary taping.
Yeah, noticed that too. A bit worrying, hopefully nothing serious. The last thing Iga should do is overplay.

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Nice start for Iga - good decision to play here after going MIA following her FO win (although there were only 2 tournaments she could have played anyway). She should be safe now until the QF.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Why does Madison often look like she has just rocked out of Ross’s Dress for Less with her some of her outfits...

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Before I saw it was patterned tape I had this horrible thought that Iga had got some tattoos on her arms. Phew!

I'm not sure if she was experimenting with some of her shots, or simply decided to bash. Either way, it wasn't pretty, but at least she won. Brengle's 130 km/h serves gave her far more trouble than they deserved to.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
That was really weird match. Iga won some amazing points but she made many unforced erros. She was nervous. Hopefully she is a winner.

I am wondering why Brengle's serve is so weak? She was injuried?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Yeah, noticed that too. A bit worrying, hopefully nothing serious. The last thing Iga should do is overplay.
Iga didn't enter Doha, she will play Dubai only

edit: she did enter both o_O overplaying queen! :love:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Obviously taking some inspiration from Nadal.
  • RG won without losing a set: check
  • heavy topspin forehand: check
  • nervous tics: check
  • repeated injuries: next? (notice the tapping...)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Obviously taking some inspiration from Nadal.
  • RG won without losing a set: check
  • heavy topspin forehand: check
  • nervous tics: check
  • repeated injuries: next? (notice the tapping...)
It's strange she didn't demonstrate those "nervous ticks" last year and this year they seem to get more and more visible. I hope it's not some kind of developing neurological condition.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Iga didn't enter Doha, she will play Dubai only

edit: she did enter both o_O overplaying queen! :love:
She entered Doha but I think it was more "just in case sth won't work in Adelaide"

Last thing her team will do is overwork her
I don’t think she’ll play both if she goes deep in Adelaide.

We may say many different things about Iga but she’s never overplayed. She should keep it this way especially now when she’s a top player.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
It's strange she didn't demonstrate those "nervous ticks" last year and this year they seem to get more and more visible. I hope it's not some kind of developing neurological condition.
They are just obsessive nervous tics. The same as Nadal has. She had it at RG also but now she is a big name so the tension is very high for her and she get it with every match. Maybe that’s the reason she has her mental coach: To control this tics.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Good win for Iga!

Brengle was dealing in the 2nd set with a migraine attack and had to ask for painkillers for it. I'm not sure if the meds gave her some because even if they did give her the pills it didn't help much. She was telling herself during game-breaks "I can't" and apparently having trouble seeing clearly due to the pain I believe. Migraine can be awful. :(

1 - 20 of 68 Posts