· Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Serena Williams (USA) - bye
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) vs. WC- Koffi
Qualifier vs. Tamarine Tanasugarn
16- Elena Bovina (RUS) - bye

10- Magdalena Maleeva (BUL) - bye
Alicia Molik (AUS) vs. WC- Angela Haynes (USA)
Elena Likhovtseva (RUS) vs. Qualifier
5- Jennifer Capriati (USA) - bye

3- Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) - bye
Rita Grande (ITA) vs. Eleni Daniilidou (GRE)
WC- Janette Husarova (SVK) vs. Francesca Schiavone (ITA)
13- Elena Dementieva (RUS) - bye

12- Amanda Coetzer (RSA) - bye
Nadia Petrova (RUS) vs. Marie-Gaianeh Mikaelian (SUI)
Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) vs. Yoon Jeong Cho (KOR)
7- Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) - bye

================================================== ===

6- Chanda Rubin (USA) - bye
Tina Pisnik (SLO) vs. Paola Suarez (ARG)
Magui Serna (ESP) vs. Laura Granville (USA)
9- Jelena Dokic (YUG) - bye

15- Silvia Farina Elia (ITA) - bye
Lina Krasnoroutskaya (RUS) vs. Alexandra Stevenson (USA)
Maria Antonia Sanchez Lorenzo (ESP) vs. Amy Frazier (USA)
4- Lindsay Davenport (USA) - bye

8- Ai Sugiyama (JPN) - bye
Barbara Schett (AUT) vs. Lisa Raymond (USA)
WC- Mary Pierce (FRA) vs. Qualifier
11- Conchita Martinez (ESP) - bye

14- Meghann Shaughnessy (USA) - bye
Marion Bartoli (FRA) vs. Qualifer
Nathalie Dechy (FRA) vs. Virginia Ruano Pascual (ESP)
2- Kim Clijsters (BEL) - bye

· Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tarsius said:
Oh boy... here we go again
Not the easiest draw, is it?

At this point, the identity of DH's opponent doesn't even matter. If she can't beat her own self-doubts, then she'll be easy pickings for even the lowliest qualifier.

· Registered
829 Posts
I agree. Not that Im saying Amy Frazier didn't do well in beating Daniela (for starters I didn't even see the match).

I hope she gets her game going here but I'm really not that optimistic. It seems she hasn't hit rock bottom yet, and thats the scary part.

· Registered
2,507 Posts
I'm an optimist. But I am not so enthusiastic about watching her play like this. :sad: It is really sad to see all the bad results. And I have the feeling that the slump will continue. But that is just my feeling, she could turn the whole thing around in a matter of weeks. :angel:

Go Daniela!!! :bounce:

· Registered
2,996 Posts
At the moment I'm much more concerned with her condition
than any results - however a victory would help her for sure...

:bounce: C'mon Dani, we believe in you :bounce:

Reactions: paycheck

· Registered
2,507 Posts
moogle san said:
At the moment I'm much more concerned with her condition
than any results - however a victory would help her for sure...

:bounce: C'mon Dani, we believe in you :bounce:
Yeah! You are right moogie! :wavey:

What I meant to say was that her condition is affecting her play and results, then the bad results seem to make her condition even worse. I'm talking about the mentallity. I just wish her well :angel:

· Registered
63,741 Posts
I'm the biggest optimist in the whole wide world when it comes to Daniela. :D
She can reach the quarters, and she has beaten justine before, so maybe even the semis, and serena is injured, so that means she has a shot to reach the final. and in that final she will face kim, but Kim is the nicest girl on tour so she's gonna let Daniela win. and tadaaaaa: Tournament Victory #2 For Our Daniela :lol:

:bounce: Go Daniela!! :bounce:

ciao :kiss: MandY

· Registered
3,140 Posts
I'm the biggest optimist in the whole wide world when it comes to Daniela. She can reach the quarters, and she has beaten justine before, so maybe even the semis, and serena is injured, so that means she has a shot to reach the final. and in that final she will face kim, but Kim is the nicest girl on tour so she's gonna let Daniela win. and tadaaaaa: Tournament Victory #2 For Our Daniela
:lol: :lol: :lol: Girl, you are beyond optimistic :eek:

· Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know, looking at this draw, it would be a huge HUGE moral victory for DH to win two matches, given that (based on ranking, form, etc.) it would likely be Srebotnik and the eventual Petrova/Coetzer winner. Those would both be good quality wins, as all of the three are quality opponents. If I'm Nigel (and I'm not) I'd be really happy to come through both of those.

· Registered
3,589 Posts
Albireo said:
You know, looking at this draw, it would be a huge HUGE moral victory for DH to win two matches, given that (based on ranking, form, etc.) it would likely be Srebotnik and the eventual Petrova/Coetzer winner. Those would both be good quality wins, as all of the three are quality opponents. If I'm Nigel (and I'm not) I'd be really happy to come through both of those.
I'd be even happier if Dani were on a paradise island somewhere but as she's not, the best we can hope for is that she gets herself to one as quickly as possible. In the meantime,she's already beaten Srebotnik once this year and Petrova and Coetzer both blow hot and cold but on current form, both would beat Dani.

· Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GrahamD said:
I'd be even happier if Dani were on a paradise island somewhere but as she's not, the best we can hope for is that she gets herself to one as quickly as possible.
I think 90% of us agree with this one. Let's hope that she's still got some self-esteem left when she gets there.

GrahamD said:
In the meantime,she's already beaten Srebotnik once this year and Petrova and Coetzer both blow hot and cold but on current form, both would beat Dani.
Well... don't know that much about Srebotnik lately, but Petrova's been injured and lost first round at BOTW to a qualifier. Coetzer hasn't played since Wimbledon (lost the same day as DH, and in a somewhat similar manner), although she was dreadful in SA's Fed Cup tie vs. the Czech Republic.

And again, I'm wondering if DH's heart is even in tennis right now. 2 and 4 to Frazier... even in poor form I think DH does considerably better than that if the mental game or the heart are present. (No disrespect to Frazier meant.)

· Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I also notice that both Rubin and Capriati are in the draw. Be interesting to see who DH plays doubles with, because it seems likely that she'll do so.

· Registered
3,589 Posts
Albireo said:
I also notice that both Rubin and Capriati are in the draw. Be interesting to see who DH plays doubles with, because it seems likely that she'll do so.
No contest - Dani and Chanda have already made it to two SF's in their short time together, one of them in a GS at Paris. I can't see them not wanting to play with each other again and the partnership with Jen didn't exactly set the world alight.

· Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GrahamD said:
No contest - Dani and Chanda have already made it to two SF's in their short time together, one of them in a GS at Paris. I can't see them not wanting to play with each other again and the partnership with Jen didn't exactly set the world alight.
Agreed that it should be Rubin, but I was simply wondering. And I also wonder if maybe DH wouldn't be stung by JC's comments to the press about the nature of DH's problems. [shrug]

Don't know what she'd gain by playing doubles in San Diego at all, but we're not privy to the opinions of her inner circle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.