Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
- Serena Williams (USA) - bye
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) vs. WC- Koffi
Qualifier vs. Tamarine Tanasugarn
16- Elena Bovina (RUS) - bye

10- Magdalena Maleeva (BUL) - bye
Alicia Molik (AUS) vs. WC- Angela Haynes (USA)
Elena Likhovtseva (RUS) vs. Qualifier
5- Jennifer Capriati (USA) - bye

3- Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) - bye
Rita Grande (ITA) vs. Eleni Daniilidou (GRE)
WC- Janette Husarova (SVK) vs. Francesca Schiavone (ITA)
13- Elena Dementieva (RUS) - bye

12- Amanda Coetzer (RSA) - bye
Nadia Petrova (RUS) vs. Marie-Gaianeh Mikaelian (SUI)
Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) vs. Yoon Jeong Cho (KOR)
7- Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) - bye

=====================================================

6- Chanda Rubin (USA) - bye
Tina Pisnik (SLO) vs. Paola Suarez (ARG)
Magui Serna (ESP) vs. Laura Granville (USA)
9- Jelena Dokic (YUG) - bye

15- Silvia Farina Elia (ITA) - bye
Lina Krasnoroutskaya (RUS) vs. Alexandra Stevenson (USA)
Maria Antonia Sanchez Lorenzo (ESP) vs. Amy Frazier (USA)
4- Lindsay Davenport (USA) - bye

8- Ai Sugiyama (JPN) - bye
Barbara Schett (AUT) vs. Lisa Raymond (USA)
WC- Mary Pierce (FRA) vs. Qualifier
11- Conchita Martinez (ESP) - bye

14- Meghann Shaughnessy (USA) - bye
Marion Bartoli (FRA) vs. Qualifer
Nathalie Dechy (FRA) vs. Virginia Ruano Pascual (ESP)
2- Kim Clijsters (BEL) - bye

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As leslie would day, another "catwalk" draw for Clijsters. Not Clijsters fault, but this is weird. This is like the 10th tournament this year where she has had a free pass to the semis. WOW!!

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
holy wow, you're right. That draw is very top heavy :eek:
maybe the wta is trying to make up what the ATP did to Lleyton ;)

put Serena, Jennifer, Nadia and Justine in one half and Kim gets Lindsay in the other (hasn't she beaten her a lot of late?)...

time to strut your stuff Kim :dance:

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
caelestia said:
holy wow, you're right. That draw is very top heavy :eek:
maybe the wta is trying to make up what the ATP did to Lleyton ;)

put Serena, Jennifer, Nadia and Justine in one half and Kim gets Lindsay in the other (hasn't she beaten her a lot of late?)...

time to strut your stuff Kim :dance:
Serena got capriati/Henin once again. Kuznetsova who made the quarters at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Another possible serena-henin, and serena -cappi, i hope cappi beats her it will give her some confidence for the up coming tournies. Couldnt careless who wins out of henin and serena, but if we want a long rivalry between the belgians and the williams they are both gonna have to lose at some point to each other.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
actually, a Petrova-Henin-Hardenne matchup would be interesting. I don't think Justine's a lock for that one. Petrova still has to prove herself on hardcourts this one could go all the way like their last match at 's Hertogenbosch.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
sveta got a bad draw with serena 2nd round but she has an easy 1st round.

i hope lina k can get some wins here, her 1st 2 matches are winnable farina elia would be tough and then davenport.

·
NeverWoz
25,696 Posts
Well, the only hard Quarterfinal opponent anyone could have gotten would be Jennifer. Chanda, Ai, and Daniela haven't exactly been shaking things up lately. So it's not like anyone has a hard draw. Serena's, while not EASY, shouldn't be a problem for her. Jennifer is her third set bitch, and Justine off clay is like a fish out of water for Serena.

Semis: Serena vs. Henin-Hardenne
Davenport vs. Clijsters

·
Registered
527 Posts
Jennifer always gets the most impossible draws. If the system was the way it used to be she'd face Lindsay in the quarters, but, alas, that isn't happening. Instead she gets Serena again.

edit: Do you think Meghann beat Marion?

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
what the fuck? when is kim going to be able to prove herself? when has she ever proven that she can beat top players besides Lindsay and Justine?

I don't get it. this is why she can advance. untill she actually goes through a draw, and has to atleast beat 2 top 10 players on the way. I doubt she will ever even get her game up another notch!

Serena needs/will be in total concentration for this draw. Big tournie, didn't seem like it would be that big of 1, but turns out great. Would be a great confidence booster for Serena and the usopen, although she is pretty confident right now :)

·
NeverWoz
25,696 Posts
SerenaSlam said:
what the fuck? when is kim going to be able to prove herself? when has she ever proven that she can beat top players besides Lindsay and Justine?

I don't get it. this is why she can advance. untill she actually goes through a draw, and has to atleast beat 2 top 10 players on the way. I doubt she will ever even get her game up another notch!

Serena needs/will be in total concentration for this draw. Big tournie, didn't seem like it would be that big of 1, but turns out great. Would be a great confidence booster for Serena and the usopen, although she is pretty confident right now :)

When has Kim proven she can beat top players besides Lindsay and Justine? When she beat Venus and Serena back to back at the Chase. When she beat Venus at Hamburg. When she beat Jennifer at Berlin/or Rome. When she beat Mauresmo at Rome. When she bitchslaps Rubin everytime they play. When? When doesn't she.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,026 Posts
Kim has a bad draw IMO.....Chanda beat Serena on American hardcourts last year....gave her one of her *5* losses....Mary Pierce ain't in her best form ever but she's better then she's looked in a while.....Lindsay hopefully got some more confidence after this year's Wimby.....Petrova won't make it to face Justine.....it will probably be Mikaelian....I don't think Dementieva will beat Justine....she got lucky once not again.......Serena will prob. beat Justine, yeah, but I atleast expect her to put up a fight this year on American Hardcourts!

·
Banned
237 Posts
:wavey: I don't believe Serena's draw... again. Unlike Kim's... again.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Jen and Serena must be cosmically linked, kinda like Justine and Venus or Seles and Venus last year. Chanda never seems to escape Kim. The only way Jen can avoid Serena is to try and get to the no.2 before Kim dethrones Serena.
Good for the fans but frustrating for Jen. After wimby Serena said Jen had prepared for the match against Justine, watch out Justine.
Personally the very luck of the draw that seems to give Kim her so called cakewalk draw always works to put my favourites on opposite sides of the draw. Works for me all the time ;)
Go Serena defend venus' title like you did Wimby last year and the Uso and Miami. :bounce:

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ryan16 said:
When has Kim proven she can beat top players besides Lindsay and Justine? When she beat Venus and Serena back to back at the Chase. When she beat Venus at Hamburg. When she beat Jennifer at Berlin/or Rome. When she beat Mauresmo at Rome. When she bitchslaps Rubin everytime they play. When? When doesn't she.
When has Clijsters proven she is able to beat top 5 players besides Lindsay and Justine with any consistency?? Now Henin has surpassed her in mental toughness, so right now I think she is fourth best out of the big four. I have to admit that I thought by now that she would have had those big wins. At the slams especially.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.