Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Justine Henin-Hardenne (3) vs. Kim Clijsters (2)

Clijsters leads 8-4; 6-0 on hard courts; 3-2 in 2 sets; Henin leads 3-1 in finals
2001-03-05 Indian Wells Hardcourt R32 Kim Clijsters (BEL) 1-6 6-4 6-3
2001-05-28 Roland Garros Clay SF Kim Clijsters (BEL) 2-6 7-5 6-3
2001-06-18 's-Hertogenbosch Grass F Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) 6-4 3-6 6-3
2002-01-07 Sydney Hardcourt QF Kim Clijsters (BEL) 7-6(5) 6-2
2002-01-14 Australian Open Hardcourt QF Kim Clijsters (BEL) 6-2 6-3
2002-05-13 Rome Clay SF Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) 7-5 6-2
2002-11-04 WTA Championships Indoor Hardcourt QF Kim Clijsters (BEL) 6-2 6-1
2003-01-06 Sydney Hardcourt SF Kim Clijsters (BEL) 6-2 6-3
2003-02-10 Antwerp Indoor Hardcourt SF Kim Clijsters (BEL) 6-2 7-6(3)
2003-05-05 Berlin Clay F Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) 6-4 4-6 7-5
2003-05-26 Roland Garros Clay F Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) 6-0 6-4
2003-06-16 's-Hertogenbosch Grass F Kim Clijsters (BEL) 6-7(4) 3-0 ret

Road to Finals
Justine Henin-Hardenne

R64 Bye
R32 Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) W 6-1 6-1
R16 Elena Dementieva (RUS) W 4-6 6-4 6-1
QF Nadia Petrova (RUS) W 6-0 6-2
SF Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) W 6-1 6-3

Kim Clijsters
R64 Bye
R32 Virginia Ruano Pascual (ESP) W 6-2 6-0
R16 Marion Bartoli (FRA) W 6-1 6-1
QF Lisa Raymond (USA) W 6-2 6-2
SF Lindsay Davenport (USA) W 6-3 6-3​

·
Chionophile
40,207 Posts
Jesus, I come to this board everyday yet I didn't realise until now that this tournament was on, and that it's an all-Belgian final. Shows how much I've been interested in tennis. LOL!

Um.. hmm.. Kim should win this as it's on hardcourts. But I hope Justine wins for confidence.

·
Registered
43,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i_like_tennis said:
they met 7 times in 01 and 02,
and they meet 4 times already in 3 months...
probably another one in US Open and WTA Champ,
nice rivalries here...:)
Goodness...we don't even know the circumstances in New York or LA, and you're already pegging their match up!?

·
Registered
43,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i_like_tennis said:
i already know....who is gonna stop them anyways...:rolleyes:
the Americans?......:D......no offense...
but i like white European girls rule the world....:)

At the US Open? Umm...Venus. If Venus is healthy, I don't see Kim or Justine being able to beat her. If Mauresmo is healthy, either one could go out to here. The last few times Mauresmo has played Kim, it's been VERY close. Jennifer and Lindsay could always pull the upset (Lindsay more with Justine)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
Clijsters leads 6-0 on hard courts; 3-2 in 2 sets; Henin leads 3-1 in finals]
Some interesting stats there.

Kim has played 13 sets against Juju on hardcourts and lost only one, and that was the first set of their first meeting. That means Kim has won the last 12 sets these two have played against eachother on a hardcourt. She is the better harcourt player. It should be a gimme for Kim....

BUT

Kim has never beaten Justine in a final (I'm not counting the Rosmalen default). The last three times they have played in a final Kim had matchpoints and lost them, was totally overawed by the situation in the RG final, then had set points only to lose the first set (Justine then retired). If its close will she choke again? This stat has the potential to make this final more interesting than it should be.

I still think Kimmy in two.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
{{{RoB}}} said:
Some interesting stats there.

Kim has played 13 sets against Juju on hardcourts and lost only one, and that was the first set of their first meeting. That means Kim has won the last 12 sets these two have played against eachother on a hardcourt. She is the better harcourt player. It should be a gimme for Kim....

BUT

Kim has never beaten Justine in a final (I'm not counting the Rosmalen default). The last three times they have played in a final Kim had matchpoints and lost them, was totally overawed by the situation in the RG final, then had set points only to lose the first set (Justine then retired). If its close will she choke again? This stat has the potential to make this final more interesting than it should be.

I still think Kimmy in two.
They have never played a final on hard court though, their finals have been on clay and grass, so that is probably why their finals record is 3-1 to Henin as she is better than Kim on those surfaces. I think this match is a real danger for Kimmie, I hope she can pull it out. But I think Henin is slight favourite as she will be more rested as Kim is in the doubles final to and won last week. Kim has to serve well to have a chance to win

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
I dunno but I'd guess it'd be a straight setter either way...Kim might not show up like at RG or Justine might get outplayed on a faster surface. Yeah I know that's a crappy prediction but I'm not expecting a 3 set nail-biter :p

(hoping to eat crow tomorrow :angel: )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.