Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sesil: (On Sharapova, Wimbledon 2005) "I will kick her butt." ...She then loses 6-0 6-1. :lol:

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
Justine Henin: "I do!"

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I dont think Sesil should regret that comment. She did push Sharapova really hard in that Indian Wells match, and got a lot of publicity!

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
7,511 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Nadia Petrova during the Australian Open on Serena:

"They haven't been doing so great," said Petrova, adding older sister Venus to the mix. "They've had lots of injuries and they are not in the best shape of their life. It looks like everything is leading to the end of their career because they are quite busy; they have talks shows, books, and clothing lines. It looks like they are focused on other things and they have already done their job on court. It looks like they are finishing playing tennis. The motivation probably isn't there."

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
How about Martina Hingis saying that Venus wouldn't ever be number #1 while she was still playing. That's why I love their 2002 Hamburg match, Venus was ranked number one in the world and beat Hingis in that match.

·
Registered
15,213 Posts

"They haven't been doing so great," said Petrova, adding older sister Venus to the mix. "They've had lots of injuries and they are not in the best shape of their life. It looks like everything is leading to the end of their career because they are quite busy; they have talks shows, books, and clothing lines. It looks like they are focused on other things and they have already done their job on court. It looks like they are finishing playing tennis. The motivation probably isn't there."
That is the thickest, dumb witted comment EVER!

·
Registered
8,451 Posts

Was thinking the same thing. Really stupid comment from Nadia. :eek:

·
King
28,854 Posts
Sesil said that of Maria after Maria failed to show up for a scheduled practice match they had at Bollettieri's

·
Registered
20,122 Posts
Nah, not really. :shrug: She expressed her opinion, and she was wrong. :shrug: Nothing more. Some uber-sensitive fans just took it as "Serena sucks!" although she didn't say that at all.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
I agree with ya. Lets not forget about her comment about Tati getting lucky in some of their matches. :rolleyes: Personally i think Nadia needs to shut her fat trap, especially since Tati owns her big butt.

·
Registered
20,122 Posts
I agree with ya. Lets not forget about her comment about Tati getting lucky in some of their matches. :rolleyes: Personally i think Nadia needs to shut her fat trap, especially since Tati owns her big butt.
Oh yawn.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts