·
26,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... against Anna Pistolesi. Is that true ??? :eek:

While we are at it, has there ever been a comeback from 0-6 0-5 0-40 ? :eek:

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
i think rubin once beat novotna when she trailed 0-5 0-40 in the third?

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
Super Maeike said:
i think rubin once beat novotna when she trailed 0-5 0-40 in the third?
wasn't that in the 2nd set?

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
LMFAO, makes the loss even more worse for Vera and that more amazing for Anna

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Rhythmboy said:
wasn't that in the 2nd set?
I think so, I heard about the match the day after it was played, and the commentators (who didn't know much about Chanda at the time) were ranting about how Jana had completely choked.

Wasn't there a match between Seles and Rubin like that too?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Bad news for Vera, hope she can bounce back in NYC!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I heard Vera lost her temper or something...did she choke and then let it get to her, or did something get to her which led to a meltdown?

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Vera had a similar meltdown in Toronto. She was leading Suarez and then just decided to completely self-destruct. Marat would've been proud of the conversations she had with herself.

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
I'm afraid the infamous Russian Headcase Syndrome has now caught up with young Vera. :sad:

Thankfully, she nabbed herself a title before she was afflicted with this unfortunate disease, so at least she doesn't have THAT matzoball hanging over her head! :eek:

The Syndrome is not always lifelong, so Vera fans need not despair! Just look at Elena D, who overcame a notoriously bad case of it earlier this year. :):):)

·
Enemy of Art
14,038 Posts
janie said:
I'm afraid the infamous Russian Headcase Syndrome has now caught up with young Vera. :sad:

Thankfully, she nabbed herself a title before she was afflicted with this unfortunate disease, so at least she doesn't have THAT matzoball hanging over her head!

The Syndrome need not be permanent, so Vera fans need not despair! Just look at Elena D, who overcame a notoriously bad case of it earlier this year. :):):)
No no no. Vera did this in EVERY match last year. Most famously against Kim at the US Open. It went away this year, and, not coincidentally, she rose to #14 in the world. But now it seems to be back.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
OMG Vera!? :rolleyes:

I hope its not true.

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
It is true, dava! Pam and Mary Joe mentioned it yesterday and today. :(

Hurley, thanks for the info. So it is a recurring case and not a new one. A little more serious case, then. :sad:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Vera :sad: :mad: :fiery: :rolleyes:

·
Enemy of Art
14,038 Posts
It is serious. Her...let's be frank. She's insane, and it was always going to hold her back.

But once she got it under control, zoom, Top Ten. She had a year-end 9-10 spot lined up. During the Suarez and Pistolesi matches, however, she allowed it to take over again. Hopefully she'll recover in time for the Open. Fourth round would be more than enough to keep her in contention for a Top Ten finish to 2003.

·
Premium Member
182,028 Posts
treufreund said:
pistolesi was very nice to vera afterwards and spent time consoling her. :angel:

Poor Vera :sad:

Anna :angel: /warrior
the last thing I would want is your opponent offering sympathy
seems to be rubbing salt into the wound

quite alot of players don't like this.

Reactions: Bella

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
I heard Vera was in tears, though so I guess Anna would have felt bad...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts