• Agnes Szavay in 2

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Agnes Szavay in 3

Votes: 20 21.1%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,291 Posts
Knowing Venus's luck, Szavay will just play seamless tennis and out-play her, in the fashion of every youngster who beats Venus:sad::lol:

Realistically though, i'll say Venus in 2 tight sets. Venus has to try and pull away from the field at some point.

·
和平.
16,963 Posts
well, Szavay may feel like tere's an opportunity to grab a good win while slumping and she's right.

that said i hope Venus picks it up a little & crap past her opponent once again.

·
Registered
12,384 Posts
does anyone know how Szavay is playing?
by the scorelines she seems to be cruising.

Saw Venus' match and she was awful and looks tired. Not having seen Szavay play it's hard to predict but if we are to believe the scorelines then Szavay looks to be playing decent and decent should be enough against F- Venus.

But go Venus...pull it out in 3 sets please :angel: or at least don't get embarassed

·
Registered
19,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Saw Venus' match and she was awful and looks tired. Not having seen Szavay play it's hard to predict but if we are to believe the scorelines then Szavay looks to be playing decent and decent should be enough against F- Venus.

But go Venus...pull it out in 3 sets please :angel: or at least don't get embarassed
:tape: Look, Agi could be up 6-2 *5-0 40-15 and still lose. At the end, it would be Venus being the claycourt grinder bringing balls back and topspinning moonballs into the centre of the court while Agi unleashes a barrage of UEs.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
If Venus beat today Szavay it will be for the very first time since RG2006 that Vee won more than two matches in the row at red clay...

People here overreacting about her troubles against Arn and Vives - this red clay Mickey Mouse is some kind of "holiday break" for Venus in middle of 1st half of season (together with BJK Cup EXO in New York next week)... and she is still unbeaten.

Talking about Szavay she is here 3rd best ranked player, so it's not fair to present her like Lucky Loser which is she just because bizzare circumstances (and BTW she tanked that lose against compatriot Arn, not choke). Agnes was probably TOP10 claycourter in 2007 (something like Cornet last season) so her eventual win against unmotivated Venus will not be so big surprise.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Who have voted for Agnes???:help::lol:

I like her very much but Venus will win 6-1 6-0:sad:

·
Isha > Your fave
26,632 Posts
I wouldnt be surprised if Szavay comes out firing and plays the best match she has played since the start of her slump. (Just like Ivanovic did against Serena. They always bring their best against the WS)

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Hopefully Agi, but it's a hard one to pick because neither one is playing well at the moment.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts

How did you watch the match btw?

·
Registered
17,384 Posts
Difficult to say. Both of them didn't play well in their previous matches.

I say Szavay in 3. ;)

·
Banned
48,006 Posts
It was another late night tonight. I don't even know if Greta and I got on the court before 10 o'clock, it was maybe 9:30, or something really late! I lost serve in the first game, which wasn't a great start, but I got going pretty good the rest of the first set. Then in the second set, she changed her game plan completely and started lobbing. I haven't seen that game since the juniors! I wasn't prepared emotionally and mentally for it, especially emotionally. I made a lot of errors. She made a lot of good shots too, some crowd-pleasing shots, but I'm happy I was able to win in the end.

:haha: Szavay and her lobbing

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Even though it seem like Agnes is gaining confidence on what probably is her favorite surface, I still see Venus winning this match

·
it's just me against the music.
27,316 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Szavay won. Venus' movement is not too good right now. Szavay has had a few more matches to get used to the surface and let's face it, against a Sister, people play their best.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts