Tennis Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
It isn't specified so most likely not. There are just a few phrases regarding SE in the rules , unlike in the ATP and they should really add more. See also what happened in Shenzhen -> Hobart. That would have never happened in ATP
Well... you know how the WTA never disappoints...
:p

Thanks anyway!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
76,807 Posts
So we can expect both singles and doubles today?
Yes. Doubles soon and singles later.

When MD?
Isnt always earlier then Sunday?
It's up to the tournament. Unlike the qualifying and doubles draws, main draw ceremony does not have a set time. Only rule is that it can't be before the qualifying sign-in closes and no later than 3pm the day before the MD starts.

·
Registered
12,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
SE for Rogers :rolleyes:
It doesn't make absolutely any sense (even if Martic let's say withdrew in the last days). The Special Exempt rules are clear.

Even if she (Rogers) was Q Alt and she was accepted sometime during the time of post #38 and post #46 from here... it doesn't make sense. I'll ask about this 2nd situation to know if she was indeed Q Alt but even so, looks like the WTA do what they want. There was even a rule for the Dubai MDWC screw-up but for the SE there are just a few standard direct common sense phrases and look what happened already this year in Hobart and Acapulco :facepalm:

·
Registered
372 Posts
It doesn't make absolutely any sense (even if Martic let's say withdrew in the last days). The Special Exempt rules are clear.

Even if she (Rogers) was Q Alt and she was accepted sometime during the time of post #38 and post #46 from here... it doesn't make sense. I'll ask about this 2nd situation to know if she was indeed Q Alt but even so, looks like the WTA do what they want. There was even a rule for the Dubai MDWC screw-up but for the SE there are just a few standard direct common sense phrases and look what happened already this year in Hobart and Acapulco :facepalm:
See? As I said: WTA never disappoints...

Has Martic withdrawn from the SE spot?
Or WTA have "chosen" Rogers over Martic 'cause Rogers was a finalist and Martic a semi-finalist?
(I know it's not what it's said on the rules.... but who knows at this point)

Don't leave us wondering, Forum Gods!

·
Registered
12,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
See? As I said: WTA never disappoints...

Has Martic withdrawn from the SE spot?
Or WTA have "chosen" Rogers over Martic 'cause Rogers was a finalist and Martic a semi-finalist?
(I know it's not what it's said on the rules.... but who knows at this point)

Don't leave us wondering, Forum Gods!
Martic withdrew at some time from the Q Alt list but doesn't matter much.

Rogers should have never gotten that SE. At best, even if she was on the Q Alt list, she wasn't anymore on Thursday morning so there's that.

Too many irregularities lately :mad: . Not cool ... Another one this week involving Sorribes Tormo (2 tournaments in 1 week) ......

61 - 71 of 71 Posts