Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
396 Posts
Sofia needs to fire her father, like ASAP, he is completely dragging down her game. She was so clearly embarrassed out there after the incident, she literally just became a hitting partner begging Sakkari to put her out of her misery. He's actively hurting her performances at this point, and now she's gonna have to defend another shitty thing he did becasue he's her father and just further damage her reputation.
Sofia still thinks as a little girl in the head and doesn’t have the guts nor is smart enough to get rid of her father.

·
Registered
32,159 Posts
Sakkari is really coming. She really should've had a slam breakthrough last fall at USO/RG but that Trevisan loss must really stink. But she has improved almost all departments in her game. Kenin of course not at her best, she can obviously play better but it's not that she's impossible to beat for these type of players.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Kenin will be ok. She lost very badly right before the last Australian Open and even worse right before FO ( double bagel against Vika ) yet still reached the finals of both and actually won one
But she's never had to defend a GS title before so that will be a new pressure experience for her. Also she will be on bigger show courts than she was last year in the early rounds. It depends on her draw, but she looks vulnerable to me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
But she's never had to defend a GS title before so that will be a new pressure experience for her. Also she will be on bigger show courts than she was last year in the early rounds. It depends on her draw, but she looks vulnerable to me.
That's true. In fact only Serena and Vika managed to defend their Grand Slam titles in the last 10 years. Let's see how strong Kenin is mentally, and Iga too

·
Registered
114,486 Posts
Sakkari is a player who works very hard and its all coming together. You could see her improvement last year when they restarted, and its still going forward

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
This is surprising , not the fact that Sakkari wins but with a bagel ?
Sakkari is at the top of her game

The same as Sabalenka
Both are strong woman but when there is a GS then they dont bring enough.

But at the AO Kenin will be back , a bagel before a GS means nothing for her.
We have seen this before.

And of course I agree with dump daddy dearest , he most be bannend from all courts.
She is a lovely girl but dad embarrassed her all the time.

She is not 15 anymore, she is a adult woman. She dont need her weird daddy around her who her whole life decided.
Dump the guy!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Kenin's dad is definitely looking for his mark to be put very soon into the list of worst tennis fathers of all time.

Marinko Lucic - Entire family has to leave this abusive father.
Stefano Capriati - Jennifer's father was so insufferable that she has problems to be accepted even in the Fed Cup Team
Damir Dokic - former wrestler and Jelena's dad ejected for example from US Open, accusing AO for fixing the draw etc.
Jim Pierce - father of Mary was abusive not only to her daughter but also to her opponents, banned from WTA tournaments
Arsalan Rezai - Banned from WTA tournaments based on own Aravane's complaint to WTA

"Dishonorable" mentions on ATP side for other violent and insufferable fathers - Mike Aggasi, John Tomic

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Sakkari started really poor. But still, she didn’t have any answers to Kenin’s imposing baseline game. Sakkari’s serve got much better & Kenin seemed to fatigue (lacked her usual intensity) and was a step or two behind her usual court positioning. And that’s where her game is neutralised. She can’t hit winners from the back of the court.

·
Registered
20,143 Posts
I guess I'm going to have to stop calling her Suckari.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Kenin's dad is definitely looking for his mark to be put very soon into the list of worst tennis fathers of all time.

Marinko Lucic - Entire family has to leave this abusive father.
Stefano Capriati - Jennifer's father was so insufferable that she has problems to be accepted even in the Fed Cup Team
Damir Dokic - former wrestler and Jelena's dad ejected for example from US Open, accusing AO for fixing the draw etc.
Jim Pierce - father of Mary was abusive not only to her daughter but also to her opponents, banned from WTA tournaments
Arsalan Rezai - Banned from WTA tournaments based on own Aravane's complaint to WTA

"Dishonorable" mentions on ATP side for other violent and insufferable fathers - Mike Aggasi, John Tomic
I wondering if that verbal agressive Russian men was ever abusive to his daughter , not now but when she was a child / teen growing up and she most make his American dream come true.
There relationship is not healthy and he does her and her carriere no good.
Hopefully her new team can help her escape out this situation.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Receiving a double bagel from Azarenka got Kenin to the RG final, this is clearly the same tactic but fine tuning - now a single bagel will set her up for an AO repeat? ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Kenin will bounce back. She always did

·
Banned
396 Posts
I pray kenin grows up soon and be more independent like sharapova did somewhere in her early twenties and started travelling alone.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sakkari has really improved and i think she has the level to be in the top 10. Kenin should always plays like she did in the first set if she wants to defend her title at the australian open but most of the time during this tournament she played badly

21 - 40 of 73 Posts