Tennis Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a random thought; but why did Anna decide to go so far down ($25k)? There are other bigger challengers in Europe which would surely be more suitable as tune ups for the French Open.

Also, as she is ranked 70 or so, she would easily get into qualifying for most events, which would surely be a better test against players of her own level. Why wont she enter qualifying, but is willing to enter a challenger? :confused:

Or am I mistaken? Has she entered qualifying for events in the last year or so? I'm not really a fan, so dont follow her results that much. (for the same reason, I apologise if this has already been discussed elsewhere) When Agassi was playing challengers, for example, his ranking had slipped so far that he couldnt get into qualifying for main events.

It just seems to me that she's getting some dodgy advice about the best path to a recovery in form.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
I just hope that people will give her a break. Some people always make comments as if she has a big ego or only cares about celebrity and photo shoots, but here she is trying everything possible to get back into form, even if it means playing in small events where there's no attention or money or whatever. She's just been unlucky in the last few years with all the injuries and setbacks, but there's no denying that Anna Kournikova's priority is TENNIS.

Reactions: SerialKiller#69
1 - 2 of 2 Posts