Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
isn't testosterone more surprising and alarming, rather than this DHEA supplement? or is the higher testosterone level a direct result of supplementing DHEA?

Yes, DHEA helps to raise the level of testosterone in the body as well as other hormones such as estrogen.

·
Registered
39,073 Posts
I find Abigail's answer incredibly mature and and this is nothing like Maria Sharapova and Sara Errani cases. It's very likely the end of her career as well

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,417 Posts
I find Abigail's answer incredibly mature and and this is nothing like Maria Sharapova and Sara Errani cases. It's very likely the end of her career as well

Thank you. I'm glad someone else here said it.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts

But does the way she answered change anything? I don't think so, she is a doper and I hope we won't see her on any court again.

·
Registered
6,986 Posts
This “doper” word is really becoming something here.

Some of you just like to fight and use words to elicit furry and attention.

I would consider a “doper” someone intentionally and consistently using illegal performance enhancing drugs to get an advantage. That’s not the case here, whatsoever.

That wasn’t the case with a lot of these high profile cases.

·
Registered
6,986 Posts
Oh he’s justa. Bubble of fat insecure sunshine isn’t here then?

People drag other people for what they are most insecure about.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
This “doper” word is really becoming something here.

Some of you just like to fight and use words to elicit furry and attention.

I would consider a “doper” someone intentionally and consistently using illegal performance enhancing drugs to get an advantage. That’s not the case here, whatsoever.

That wasn’t the case with a lot of these high profile cases.

Totally agree with your opinion here.

·
Registered
14,687 Posts
She's a really nice lady, so this response should be taken as genuine.
Why?

Isn't she a human (who's capable of lying) or is she from another planet?

More relevant tho is that it doesn't look good either way, truth or not — because there's no absolute way of overstating how a tennis pro shouldn't be so dumb enough to not bother to read the labels of PILLS hello? We're not talking about labels of a regular food item.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
At 38 this is likely going to end her career. Even if the tribunal agrees it was not intentional she is probably looking at a ban in the range of 16-24 months.

·
Registered
35,542 Posts
not really, because:

There are rules about what constitutes doping and not. Rules that any professional player is obliged to know and follow.
It can not depend on personal judgement about anybody’s intentions or if the person is nice or pretty or whatever.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
A female athlete taking a supplement in order to increase the amount of testosterone in her body will always be suspended (except Mattek-Sands of course). Unless something else is going on in her life there should be no exception made as to the length of her ban whether she's nice or not.

·
Registered
14,042 Posts
Nice will not influence the doping tribunal but the fact she already admitted “fault” will reduce her ban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
That says it all, really. Who isn't doping then? :lol: They're probably all on barely legal stuff or they have 100% reliable masking agents.

the problem with this assumption is that if everybody in the WTA was really using some kind of secret undetectable miracle drug, it wouldn't stay secret for long because the word would leak out... everybody using the same drug would imply that the players & coaches are communicating with each other about the usefulness of it. It's much more likely that any players who dope are doing so on an individual basis, each of them using different kinds off stuff, because they don't want to communicate with anybody else about what they're using. Individual, isolated doping can stay quiet; mass doping can't.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Originally Posted by VeeJJ
not really, because:
Originally Posted by Javi
There are rules about what constitutes doping and not. Rules that any professional player is obliged to know and follow.
It can not depend on personal judgement about anybody’s intentions or if the person is nice or pretty or whatever.

It's pretty obvious that Spears broke the rules and will be punished, even if her offense is found to be unintentional, like Sharapova's was.

Outside the professional athletics world, someone who consumed an illegal drug unintentionally would not forever be known as a "doper". Inside professional sports there are many cases of long term willful, intentional use of anabolic steroids and illegal performance enhancers by athletes who have vehemently lied about their use for years and concocted elaborate schemes to avoid getting caught.

These are the "dopers" who should forever be known as such and lumping athletes who are found guilty one time of unintentional use of a banned substance in with them is wrong but typical of TF mentality.

·
Premium Member
27,986 Posts
Failing a doping test at age 38:facepalm:

Only she knows the truth, but this is a big question mark to her career...of course player will usually come with some kind of excuse, but you know this might not be the truth (and let's be honest, in most cases it is not, regardless how nice the person appears in public). Very disappointing for me as a fan.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
http://instagr.am/p/B4ktRaJAwvg/
Her response. A few players have liked it (Vandeweghe, Mattek-Sands, Melichar, Klepac, Guarachi, Krawczyk, etc.).
"I... was recently informed by the ITF that one of the supplements I was taking contained a prohibited substance. I immediately contacted the ITF and am fully cooperating with them."

There was a positive test on a urine sample provided at the US Open. What was the sequence of events? Positive test first, then the audit of the supplements? The statement makes it sound it was the other way round, that no one would have been any the wiser if Spears hadn't owned up, but that stretches credulity.

·
Registered
15,886 Posts
''Through out the 20 years of my Career I was incredibly cautious about every single thing I put in my body'

"Sorry I forget to read the labels to these unknown vitamins I am taking for the first time this year from a new doctor''

I mean I don't know about that

·
Registered
14,042 Posts
"I... was recently informed by the ITF that one of the supplements I was taking contained a prohibited substance. I immediately contacted the ITF and am fully cooperating with them."

There was an adverse analytical finding on a urine sample provided at the US Open. What was the sequence of events? Positive test first, then the audit of the supplements? The statement makes it sound it was the other way round, that no one would have been any the wiser if Spears hadn't owned up, but that stretches credulity.

It is positive test first .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 87 Posts