Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
30,705 Posts
A 38-year-old serve volleyer who almost exclusively plays doubles these days is one of the last players I would expect to be doping. :eek:
That says it all, really. Who isn't doping then? :lol: They're probably all on barely legal stuff or they have 100% reliable masking agents.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
No tolerance for doping. It's one of the worst things in sport. :no:

That says it all, really. Who isn't doping then? :lol: They're probably all on barely legal stuff or they have 100% reliable masking agents.
Aga wasn't doping for sure, she admitted that was afraid of taking any medicine even aspirin, so she was using only Vitamine C. I think most of the players are clean.

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
Abigail Spears has been provisionally suspended under Article 8.3.1(c) of the 2019 Tennis Anti-Doping Programme (the "Programme"), pending determination of the charge against her at a full hearing pursuant to Article 8 of the Programme.

Ms. Spears, a 38-year-old player from United States, provided a urine sample on 31 August 2019 in association with her participation in the US Open held in New York, USA from 26 August to 8 September. That sample was sent to the World Anti-Doping Agency (“WADA”) accredited laboratory in Montreal, Canada for analysis, and was found to contain prasterone (DHEA), testosterone and metabolites. Prasterone and testosterone are Non-Specified substances, which are prohibited under category S1 of the 2019 WADA Prohibited List (Anabolic Agents), and therefore are also prohibited under the Programme. Positive tests for Non-Specified Substances carry a mandatory Provisional Suspension.

On 28 October 2019, Ms. Spears was charged with an Anti-Doping Rule Violation under Article 2.1 of the Programme (presence of a Prohibited Substance in a Player’s Sample) and was Provisionally Suspended with effect from 7 November 2019. Ms. Spears had (and retains) the right to apply to the Chair of the Independent Tribunal convened to hear her case why the Provisional Suspension should not be imposed, but has chosen not to exercise that right to date.

Read more at https://www.itftennis.com/news/313780.aspx?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral#phukgmgKdRFwcDWf.99
DHEA rears its head again ... where is BMS this tme? :eek:

Or more importantly, her doctor ;)

·
Registered
755 Posts
isn't testosterone more surprising and alarming, rather than this DHEA supplement? or is the higher testosterone level a direct result of supplementing DHEA?

·
Registered
21,412 Posts

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
Very disappointed in Abi :sad: Also her story is what we hear almost every time and it's really hard to believe that all these world class athletes are in fact pretty sick people who suffer from hearth issues, vitamin deficiencies, ADHD, asthma etc etc

A few players have liked it (Vandeweghe, Mattek-Sands, Melichar, Klepac, Guarachi, Krawczyk, etc.).
Ofc BMS liked it given all the stuff she takes with her shady TUE's :help: :help:

·
Registered
21,412 Posts
Very disappointed in Abi :sad: Also her story is what we hear almost every time and it's really hard to believe that all these world class athletes are in fact pretty sick people who suffer from hearth issues, vitamin deficiencies, ADHD, asthma etc etc

Ofc BMS liked it given all the stuff she takes with her shady TUE's :help: :help:
Well, she is nearing 40, so it is possible. As I said above, she's a genuine person (I interviewed her a couple of times at World Team Tennis), so I believe her.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts