Tennis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Well I have the opposite reaction, I feel my morning sickness is back, only I'm not pregnant. It seems grossly self-indulgent, he never got the attention he wanted as a player so now he waits a year and does it now. At least it's finally over. I never saw any broads go out like this, not even Evert herself and Evert was a far greater champion to me, at the U.S. Open and otherwise.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Evert never threw up all over the court to win a match either, so you have to give her some extra credit. Steffi and Navratilova never barfed all over the place in public either. And despite some previous on-court food poisoning bouts, Serena always managed to gag it back down.

At least he kept it short, so "props" to Pete!!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Malin said:
None of those women you mention are even close to as great as Pete. They would never have a ceremony like this.
Right! Steffi would never attend something so maudlin. Actually, I think Evert and Navratilova would be into this because I think they both are hams to a certain extent, but Martina is not American born and didn't win the U.S. Open that much compared to a lot of other women, so no dice. And Evert, I guess nobody bothered, plus she didn't sit around for a year pulling out of tournaments to keep herself in the press.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.