Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry this is ATP material, but Sampras retirement is soo emotional. He was just crying :( :( He will be missed. His wife and kids were there too.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Well I have the opposite reaction, I feel my morning sickness is back, only I'm not pregnant. It seems grossly self-indulgent, he never got the attention he wanted as a player so now he waits a year and does it now. At least it's finally over. I never saw any broads go out like this, not even Evert herself and Evert was a far greater champion to me, at the U.S. Open and otherwise.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
his baby looks strange. I think they should go on Maury and do a paternity test show!!! lol. That baby got blonde hair, u aint got blonde hair.!!

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
he wants a year? if he wanted a year he'd have done what chang is doing and played one last year w/ ceremonies like this in every little tourney played. i think he did it a bit more gracious, one more big good bye where his career started and ended.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Celeste said:
Well I have the opposite reaction, I feel my morning sickness is back, only I'm not pregnant. It seems grossly self-indulgent, he never got the attention he wanted as a player so now he waits a year and does it now. At least it's finally over. I never saw any broads go out like this, not even Evert herself and Evert was a far greater champion to me, at the U.S. Open and otherwise.
I got ill too looking a the beginning, but fortunatelyl I had to go wash the kids and I fortunately wasn't able to watch the whole thing.

I wonder if Jennifer, Lindsay or the sisters will go out like this? I hope not.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Evert never threw up all over the court to win a match either, so you have to give her some extra credit. Steffi and Navratilova never barfed all over the place in public either. And despite some previous on-court food poisoning bouts, Serena always managed to gag it back down.

At least he kept it short, so "props" to Pete!!

·
Veelieve!!!
32,879 Posts
Celeste said:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :bounce: :bounce: :tape: :tape:

·
Registered
547 Posts
None of those women you mention are even close to as great as Pete. They would never have a ceremony like this.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Malin said:
None of those women you mention are even close to as great as Pete. They would never have a ceremony like this.
Thank goodness they are not pompus enough to want it.

BTW, Serena will always be known as the women who has the career Grand Slam. Too bad Pete can't say the same.

·
Registered
547 Posts
If this ceremony was for Venus or Serena none of you would be feeling so sick. None of you are true tennis fans because if you were you would be able to appreciate all he has done instead of act like babies.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
:rolleyes: at people who won't ever appreciate anything Pete does

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
ptkten said:
:rolleyes: at people who won't ever appreciate anything Pete does
Ditto.

If you're so off-put by him and his records and his history and his ceremony... um, maybe don't watch? Just a thought.

It was a very moving and appropriate tribute.

I'll miss ya, Pete!

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Malin said:
If this ceremony was for Venus or Serena none of you would be feeling so sick. None of you are true tennis fans because if you were you would be able to appreciate all he has done instead of act like babies.
You need to be quiet becasue you and I know if something like this was being done for Venus and/or Serena, your complaints would be like diarrhea of the mouth; you wouldn't be able to shut up.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
This has nothing to do with Venus or Serena, so get off it already. Why do people always have to be negative and try to dispute and belittle the accomplishments of others? I never will understand you lot.

·
Registered
547 Posts
i don't ever complain about venus or serena, only their stupid ass fans that know very little about tennis and haven't stopped whining and crying since they both have withdrawn.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
:haha:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Malin said:
Right! Steffi would never attend something so maudlin. Actually, I think Evert and Navratilova would be into this because I think they both are hams to a certain extent, but Martina is not American born and didn't win the U.S. Open that much compared to a lot of other women, so no dice. And Evert, I guess nobody bothered, plus she didn't sit around for a year pulling out of tournaments to keep herself in the press.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Seles said:
This has nothing to do with Venus or Serena, so get off it already. Why do people always have to be negative and try to dispute and belittle the accomplishments of others? I never will understand you lot.
You are a hypocrite because you have belittled Serena and Venus' accomplishments.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Malin said:
i don't ever complain about venus or serena, only their stupid ass fans that know very little about tennis and haven't stopped whining and crying since they both have withdrawn.
As their fan, I will speak for my damn self because I know tennis. I also know that sooner or later youwill find something to complain aobut when it comes to them.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts