Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to show appreciation for one of the greatest players of the game Jennifer Capriati for winning her third Grand Slam final.

I don't think I have ever seen a tennis player more determined, passionate and fearless to win a match since Martina Navratilova.

Jennifer you rock girl and keep on winning!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
With that win (three out of last five) many people - myself included - will be seeing Capriati as a dominating GS player over the next 2/3 years.

I was really pleased for Jennifer when she won, to prove all her critics wrong, to come through and all that.

It's just hard y'know, everytime I have to think about who she beat to do it. :(

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
It's great to see that she proved doubters wrong. I can't even begin to understand how she managed to save 4 championship points ... It's just unbelievable, she's got such a big heart and fighting spirit that if she can keep up fitness I agree, she will dominate many a grand slam in years to come.

WELL DONE JEN!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Like the song from "Damn Yankees "says , "Ya' Gotta Have Heart !" and by golly, Jennifer Capriati has heart, and then some. It my not have been pretty, and had some bad moments on both sides, but as good as Hingis is, sheer determination and grit brought Jennifer through.

I really thought they might both have to throw up on the courts, they were suffering so badly. and how they managed to play some of the shots in that third set, I'll never understand. But two gritty players gave us a match for the ages, IMO> And I thank them both.

·
Registered
254 Posts
<b>
<font color="pink">
My baby Jenny has done it again!! Can't explain how happy I am!! Her determination and fighting spirit are so strong!!! Keep on going all the way in 2002!!! </font>
</b>

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the conditions Jennifer and Martina had to play in, I am not sure how any other player could have handled the situation. Pure brilliance on both player's part for enduring one probably the toughest Grand Slam final ever played by women.

·
Registered
505 Posts
THE REAL NUMBER ONE

THANK´S JENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE A GREAT CHAMPION AND YOU SHOWED TO ALL PERSONS WITH DUDE , WHAT YOU ARE A GREAT CHAMPION AND THE REAL NUMBER ONE IN THIS MOMENT
GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!:wavey:
kisses:kiss:
argentino:bounce:

·
Registered
505 Posts
please!!!!

can somebody send me a jenny photo with a autograph? please!!!!
is for my mother
thank´s
argentino

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Jen deserves this. She is such a competitor. I dont know how anyone can ever doubt her talent- It is rare to see a champion with so much will. Fearless and Amazing.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
1,969 Posts
What a performance. That's the first time for 113 years a player has won a match from so many match points down in the final of a Slam. I read that somewhere!

I don't know how they played in such extreme heat. Jennifer never knows when she is beaten, that much is for sure.

:)Congratulations Jennifer Capriati:)

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
194,209 Posts
As much as a Jen fan as I am, I have to admit that Martina worked her butt off out there as well. It took a lot of guts and heart for her to hang in as well as she did. But, Jennifer was not about to give up though! She was the one with more fumes in her tank and, truth be known, they where both on empty at the end of the match! Hats off to both young ladies!

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
that's very well-said Barrie_Dude!

congrats Jenn and jenn fans!!!!:angel: :bounce: :kiss:

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Jennifer was truly amazing. She demonstrated that even when a person is down and out, they should never give up fighting. This match should serve as an inspiration to Jennifer and other player throughout the season that a match isn't over until you or your opponent is declared the winner.

Now, if we could just do something about Jennifer's bad temper?! ;)

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
And the genorosity shown by Jen to her friend Danny really put some tears in my eyes.

She really stands tall with a good head on her shoulders!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts