Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
48,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start.

1. Everything your fave has done, has already been done by someone else first.
2. Just because my username is 'Seles', does not mean that I'm a girl.
3. Just becuase my username is 'Seles', does not mean that I *only* like her.
4. I like Venus and Serena, generally, and have never badmouthed them.
5. If you feel that everyone hates your favorite and you have to "defend" them, this too has been done before, and is still very unattractive and makes people dislike them even more.
6. Your favorite(s) are not the only ones that have ever been disliked in sports.
7. I'm tired of people playing "martyr" and the "woah is me" defensive card on every post.
8. Things that bother me: In 90/91/92 every tennis fan that I knew of and certainly all my friends "hated" Monica Seles. Honestly, I think this made me like her even more. Now most tennis fans admire or appreciate her, if not genuinely like her. To me, if you didn't like her before, you shouldn't like her now.
9. I hate that people think the whole of the WTA revolves around their player, and the other players, and hence, their fans are "not good enough". It's an attitude I see a lot.
10. If you feel you have to defend your favorites every move and "prove" they are the best, nicest, fastest, biggest, prettiest, most popular, have the biggest boobs, etc..... they probably don't have any of those attributes.

Thanks.

·
Don't mess with Texas!
4,900 Posts
1. I think the poster "Seles" is a girl.
2. I think the poster "Seles must only like Monica.

·
Don't mess with Texas!
4,900 Posts
LMAO, that made me spit up my coke.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
1. Giving a person negative rep points doesn't offend them. It makes them laugh and think you're stupid.

2. Just because some people don't like the Williams sisters, doesn't mean it's racial!

3. Andy Roddick is over-hyped and will not win the US Open.

4. If your fave loses, don't take it out on the other posters on the board!

·
HAND SCRAPED
6,694 Posts
Your number 8 is very harsh I feel...

I'm sure its not, but its easy for someone to think you're basically saying "I liked her first, so I'm better than you. No room on this bandwagon for you as my big head's taking up all the room". I wasn't following tennis until 1997 so I can't really comment on any personal feelings on Monica pre 97.

However, in 1997 I was a huge Davenport fan and I didn't like Hingis as she was Lind's main rival, who was doing much better than Linds. However once I matured (in 97 i was 13/14) and learnt more about the game, I appriciated Martina more and became a huge fan of her game. Relating it back to Monica... People change. Monica changed. I think berating people for respecting or admiring a wonderful person and true champion is kinda dumb.

·
Registered
14,307 Posts
#1. Venus and Serena kick your favorites asses and most are still slamless!!

#2. Everytime [email protected] kick someone's ass I feel so good because it was not so long ago that people said they would never amount to anything on the court. ROTFLMAO!!

#3. Fearless Venus and Serena rule and they have got other players into the gym and raised the bar.

#4. Stop ONLY mentioning Williams fans about the same shit all the other fanbases do. It's biased.

#5. Shut the fuck up when someone mentions that someone is being racial. ESPCIALLY regarding [email protected] Because you all know that tennis is still a LILY WHITE sport and racism still exist.

#6. Again shut the fuck up when someone mentions racism.. it does still exist.

#7. Take my signature's advice and love mother earth MORE than MONEY and material things.:)

Reactions: Shuji Shuriken

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
1. I hate arrogant posters, specially when talking about the sisters.

2. I hate that posters in here think that "they" have achieved such and such thing so they can brag it around. It is highly likely that most of these posters have never achieved something good in their life so they hide behind their faves taking credit of the others achievement.

3. I hate when people talk about something without knowing shit about the subject.

4. I hate posters critising such players for being: too tall, too short, too skiny, too fat, etc. Every player is different, so are you!

Most of all, I hate when posters critise players for choking. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE OUT THERE. It's easy to talk from outside and say what they "should have done". You don't have to handle the pressure from everyone, most of you are not even experts in the subject of "not choking" so there is no way you can criticise a player in that matter.

THANKS, (this sure was a relief ;) :eek: )

Joaco

·
Registered
14,307 Posts
Don't get mad when fans gloat... this is sports and by golly gee many gloat when [email protected] lose.. so don't get all ticked when fans laugh and get excited when your favorite loses. It's sports man! a shit talkin' subject damnit and gosh darn it .. I am glad when a player I dislike loses.

So bye bye Daniela and Jelena I am glad you two losers got spanked.

Reactions: ico4498

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
1. People needs to stop calling Andy Roddick A-Rod. That name has been taken, i repeat, that name HAS been taken long before he ever showed up on tour by a gorgeous and bigger star named Alex Rodriguez.

2. Stop overhyping Roddick, if he is the next best thing, then let him prove it on his own.

3. I hate the rivalries fans on this board has, why can't everyone just congratulate others when a player wins, instead of being all bitchy about their own fave losing and trying to take credit away from the winner.

4. EVERYONE here is hypocritical(even me). It sucks.

5. People on this board are not going to change the way they talk and act no matter what anyone says so we should all just shut the fuck up and continue being the way we have always been, WE ARE PERFECT THE WAY WE ARE!

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
Sonic The Hedgehog said:
Your number 8 is very harsh I feel...

I'm sure its not, but its easy for someone to think you're basically saying "I liked her first, so I'm better than you. No room on this bandwagon for you as my big head's taking up all the room". I wasn't following tennis until 1997 so I can't really comment on any personal feelings on Monica pre 97.

However, in 1997 I was a huge Davenport fan and I didn't like Hingis as she was Lind's main rival, who was doing much better than Linds. However once I matured (in 97 i was 13/14) and learnt more about the game, I appriciated Martina more and became a huge fan of her game. Relating it back to Monica... People change. Monica changed. I think berating people for respecting or admiring a wonderful person and true champion is kinda dumb.
I am not sure seles means this but a lot of people already jumped on the monica bandwagon before she even showed herself again
sure maybe they missed her or rooted for her out of protest because it was all unfair what happened but still
not rooting for her at aussie open 93 and be her biggest fan in us open 95 is rather hypocrite in my opinion and I am sure there were these people.
and in totally different not worse circumstances I think the same about french 99. steffi was suddenly the love of the tennisworld too. please :eek: (and I don't mean the french crowd considering 92 and 96)

jmho.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
48,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To clarify, what I did mean.... People I associated with and the press said very very hurtful and hateful things towards Monica in 90/91/92,...but in 96 it was like these same people were kissing her ass. I mean, I'm glad she has a huge fanbase, but blasting someone for the same things she does now and accepting it and putting a positive spin on it makes them lose character, to me anyway.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
A thread to say things, you've been wanting to say but never knew where to say them
I HATE YOU ALL YOU STUPID IDIOTS WHY DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP BRINGING THE SAME FUCKING SUBJECTS UP AGAIN AND AGAIN WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ALL SHUT UP AND GO AND DIE IN HELL YOU RETARDS AND WHY DOES EVERY SECOND FUCKING THREAD HAVE TO CONTAIN A WILLIAMS OR A MONICA OR A HINGIS OR A JUSTINE AND ALL THE REST OF THAT CRAZY MEANINGLESS CRAP THAT PEOPLE GO ON AND ON ABOUT WITHOUT END ON THIS CRAZY BOARD WHY CAN'T YOU JUST TALK ABOUT SOME NICE HARMLESS SUBJECTS LIKE TOPSPIN FOREHANDS OR MEGHANN SHAUGHNESSY'S TEETH OR THE INFLUENCE OF NIETZSCHE ON TENNIS YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF CRAZY IDIOTS AND I THINK I'M GOING TO EXPLOOOOOOOOOOOODE :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

·
HAND SCRAPED
6,694 Posts
Now mine:

1. I hate it when people highlight their faves when posting a draw. Just a pet hate.

2. I hate long good luck lists. Just do it in your sig once and you'll never have to do it again.

3. I hate it when people lose early in a draw in events I have semi final tickets to.

4. I hate it when people I wanna see are playing in the other half at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Maybe it's naive of me, but I don't understand why tennis fans are so vituperative towards players. Especially when a young player does well, they find every excuse to cut them down and dislike them.
People were so hateful to Monica in the early 90s, and when you look at the things she was accused of, they were so trivial. Now they do the same thing to Venus and Serena. It's not that anyone is beyond criticism, but I don't get why it's fun to analyze their every little action and deciding they are complete bitches when in fact they're all perfectly fine people and great champions on the tennis court and we should just enjoy them.
I am shocked by the level of hatred and unfair vituperation directed at the Williams sisters on the board, when they've basically done nothing to deserve it. They've acted gracefully on the court, they give their all, their comments about other players are always positive. They bring a lot of personality to the sport. They are great players, incredible athletes, so much fun to watch on the court.

At the same time I dislike the defensiveness of the Williams fans, so that they have to tear to shreds anyone they see as a rival to Venus and Serena. First it was Hingis, then Capriati, now the Belgians. It's as though they want all the other players to disappear. And they take perfectly innocuous comments by other players and freak out about the "disrespect." When in fact the journalists ask the other players about V&S all the time.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.