Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta admit she's in my top 3 of favorite players to watch!

However I couldn't help but wonder how powerful her shots could be if she beefed up her upper body, ala Justine?

I mean we all know those incredible legs combined with awesome whip action & great timing are what let her produce questionably the strongest forehand on the tour.. but her arms are still slim and toned. Imagine if she worked in the gym on her torso/arms how incredibley powerful she would become! I think it would help her put some more winners on her running off-balanced shots...

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
kosmikgroove said:
Gotta admit she's in my top 3 of favorite players to watch!

However I couldn't help but wonder how powerful her shots could be if she beefed up her upper body, ala Justine?

I mean we all know those incredible legs combined with awesome whip action & great timing are what let her produce questionably the strongest forehand on the tour.. but her arms are still slim and toned. Imagine if she worked in the gym on her torso/arms how incredibley powerful she would become! I think it would help her put some more winners on her running off-balanced shots...
FYI,she has got quite muscular arms u know.. :tape:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I don't think she needs to do that. If she only could make her serve better, she would shorely be #1 very soon.

·
Captain of the SS Dementieva
15,125 Posts
Hmm Lena has VERY muscular arms IMO ,see my avatar ,someone I know saw her live ,and was suprised at just how strong her upper body is ,she has strong muscles around her shoulders and powerful biceps ,but she is tall ,so its spread out a little more ,her serving problems have nothing to do with strength and everything to do with technique.

http://img107.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img107&image=109011204520mo.png

see ,shes very strong

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
Dementinator said:
Hmm Lena has VERY muscular arms IMO ,see my avatar ,someone I know saw her live ,and was suprised at just how strong her upper body is ,she has strong muscles around her shoulders and powerful biceps ,but she is tall ,so its spread out a little more ,her serving problems have nothing to do with strength and everything to do with technique.

see ,shes very strong
I agree
She's very strong
Even stupid/funny commentators from my country say that

What toy wanna men!?
That she become a HULK :confused: :haha:

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
well, when she went for the shots after her injury against kim - i thought she was scary - i mean - it was REALLY SCARY
she was hitting stronger than i have ever seen serena, molik or kuzzy hit.
it was awing stuff.

Reactions: Dementinator

·
Captain of the SS Dementieva
15,125 Posts
safdem said:
wut does that mean?? :confused:

she means "What YOU want men ,that she become a Hulk!" a small typo appears to have crept in!!

Lena is plenty strong enough ,I am a guy and wouldnt mind being as strong as she is!!

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Natasc said:
I agree
She's very strong
Even stupid/funny commentators from my country say that

What toy wanna men!?
That she become a HULK :confused: :haha:
Kos, your giving Natasc here, the scares. ;)

She's got uber upper body power already. ED can hit ball backs w/out
any sort of pace coming from opponents, unlike say her countrywoman
Myskina.

If it's the (censored) we're talking about, that is more of a technique
problem. ED's (censored) has gotten better- no really. I was impressed
in her AO 2005 match against Patty when she even hit an ace off her
(censored).

Reactions: Dementinator

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Elena did bulk up her upper body in 2002 and as a result she felt she became slower on court, which took away from her natural game of speed and power.

I think Elena is in a good place right now. Her fitness and form are exquisite. She has such good posture and tone and strength.

The serve is a technical issue and she does whack it hard. Its more confidence than a lack of strength.

As for her power, she has enough to be able to stay in points with the big hitters, but also a little more when she wants to add zing to a rally.

Day by day, she is improving. :)

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,494 Posts
I'd heard that, too. Right now Lena is a very good balance of speed and power.

If her serve continues to improve and her head stays screwed on tight, she could easily win a GS or two in the near future.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
i guess you didn't see the Hulk Pic of Lena, if you see that i don't think it's necessary to beef Lena up, she is already so strong, i definitely won't feel the touch of Lena's power :haha: :haha: :lol:

Why should Lena beef her arms even more up, i dun wanna see Lena becoming Gorilla Serena no.2. :lol: (no offend to Serena fans, i am only just joking ;) :lol: )

I have never seen so much power by Lena smashing a FH winner in IW ag. Kim, i just got scared when saw some balls :lol:

I don't think i ever saw such a beautiful muscular girl in whole the tennisworld in sooooo many years....

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Dementinator said:

http://img107.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img107&image=109011204520mo.png

see ,shes very strong
Indeed Capt, Lena doesn't use her strength for serving, but for using her FH, i think we'll get blown away if Lena get's mad, and i dun wanna see :lol:

Lena is just one of the powerfullest girls i've seen in whole me life!!!!! :yeah: :bounce:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Shonami Slam said:
well, when she went for the shots after her injury against kim - i thought she was scary - i mean - it was REALLY SCARY
she was hitting stronger than i have ever seen serena, molik or kuzzy hit.
it was awing stuff.
I REALLY LIKED THAT TOO, she should blast that hard more often :armed:

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
she's really good as it is, but i want her to improve maybe one aspect of her game. doesn't matter what it is, but if she improves it, she'll win some titles. girl doesn't make all them finals for nothing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.