Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
25,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Blast from the Past has received an offer from someone to put together a database of women's tennis results. I'd like to use this space to gather opinions. I have also invited the person to post here to explain the idea.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello friends. I think it´s a great idea to create womens tennis all-time results and statistics database. I really appreciate all the efforts to add old results here, but from my point of view this all this is very disarranged on this forum. In database would be fastly and clearly visible who played when, where with whom, what was the result, and everything would be ordered chronologically. And as an addition it would contain many statistics, like head-to-head records, number of tournaments match wins/loses (during career, per calendar year), number of tournament wins/finals. And of course yearly calendars, tournament results (for singles - as long as possible, for doubles - mostly final results). Time span would be from the start of womens tennis competitions in late 19th century, until now. Problem is that creation of such webpage is not an inexpensive matter, and it needs also hours and hours of time ...

·
Administrator
67,359 Posts
It would be an excellent addition to the site if it's possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts