Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Administrator, aka Nibbler
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's the food at your uni/school? Is it edible? ;)

At the moment they are totally renovating our uni restaurant which means that we have very little space to sit and the choice between different meals is limited. The new restaurant should have opened its doors in March but the latest news is that the opening date will be June 7th.
Anyway, before this renovation we had the choice between different warm meals (2xmeat, vegetarian, cold dish, pasta with different sauces, different sandwiches and bread and there was also a snackbar where they served different warm and cold dishes but at a higher price.). Now the quality of the food was rather uhm.....abysmal to say the least, except for the snackbar.
The new restaurant will offer an even broader choice and they have promised to increase the quality *cough*. Every day we will be able to choose between 2 meat meals, vegetarian, Chinese/Asian, kosher, different pasta meals, cold buffet and sandwiches.
Promising I hear you say? Yes but I have to see (and taste) it first to believe it. Decent food and uni are just no match. ;)

So what about your uni/school?

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
We have a bunch of food courts around our campus. It's probably ok to eat... but I just don't trust school food.

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
It's edible, but not worth the money. So I try to avoid it...but there's a good sandwich place at the edge of campus.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
We have a wide assortment of place that you can eat... they provide a great menu for vegetarians, health food nuts, crap food lovers, and a few places that make "international dishes" which vary on a given night. I seem to recall that they have a place you can get Kosher food too...

When the reps for my university go to highschools, they mention how good the food is :p

·
This is my fancy user title
9,049 Posts
my high school food was just horrible...but it was cheap so can't really complain...the food in the cegep that im at now is um not bad but over priced...but we have a mall right next door so everyone goes there and eats at the food court

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
My uni is right smack dab in the middle of downtown Atlanta so not only is there a food court, there's several restaurants around town that you can eat at. We have everything from the hard rock cafe, hooter's, durango's, chick-fil-a, mcdonald's, the chinese place, the pizza place, the wing place, the italian place, krystal's... yada yada yada. There's also a home cooked type counter that the uni prepares. I usually prepare my lunch or go to subway or another restaurant around campus. Underground Atlanta is like a block up from me so it'd be pretty dumb to get the uni food when I can go to johnny rocket's or a classy joint. Now I'm starving. :mad:

·
Banned
1,618 Posts
Yeah ours was pretty awful - I was in hall last year so they provided us with 3 meals a day, although we were rationed so badly you'd have thought that there was a war going on.

This year I am catering for myself. Unfortunately that is even worse. :eek:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
Food at the university in Ghent is not bad at all...the Chef was rewarded the prize of best 'big-kitchen' (or whatever it's name is in english)

we have 6 or 7 resto's and the big ones offer lots of different meals.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Josh said:
How's the food at your uni/school? Is it edible? ;)

At the moment they are totally renovating our uni restaurant which means that we have very little space to sit and the choice between different meals is limited. The new restaurant should have opened its doors in March but the latest news is that the opening date will be June 7th.
Anyway, before this renovation we had the choice between different warm meals (2xmeat, vegetarian, cold dish, pasta with different sauces, different sandwiches and bread and there was also a snackbar where they served different warm and cold dishes but at a higher price.). Now the quality of the food was rather uhm.....abysmal to say the least, except for the snackbar.
The new restaurant will offer an even broader choice and they have promised to increase the quality *cough*. Every day we will be able to choose between 2 meat meals, vegetarian, Chinese/Asian, kosher, different pasta meals, cold buffet and sandwiches.
Promising I hear you say? Yes but I have to see (and taste) it first to believe it. Decent food and uni are just no match. ;)

So what about your uni/school?
VUB?

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
At my Uni, there's a wide choice as well, but I'm not too fond of it. It could have been worse, I guess. It's certainly better than what I had at Uni's in Paris and Germany, but it's still not close to what I make myself.

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
ive never eaten at our student restaurants. but i worked at one for a couple of months and after seeing what happens with the food, i dont think ill ever put a foot in that place again ;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
our student cafeteria (University of Cyprus) has been recently renovated, so naturally there is now a bigger selection of food dishes - well not that big mind you. i rarely eat there but the few times i have i thought the food was alright.

of course it can't be compared to the food outlets at Warwick University in England (I spent a semester there as an Erasmus). great stuff! i miss their pizzas.

·
Team WTAworld, canis sapiens sapiens
4,495 Posts
We just have a sandwich place and a cafeteria. The sandwiches are really really tiny and there is not much choice but at least the mozzarella/tomatoes one is good. I only went to the cafeteria twice. You'd better choose grilled meat otherwise the food is very fat with a lot of sauce :sad:. There is a vegetarian menu though.

Did I mention that the german/austrian keyboards suck? ;) I keep typoing when I'm at uni :mad:.

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
The food quality in my school is okay, eating is one of my favourite hobbies as i large sum of money on buying snacks and drinks :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
30,466 Posts
ours isn't the best :p i thought my high school canteen was a rip off, but now the stuff costs even more. I bought some hot chips today for lunch and they weren't even that nice :p

but we have a shopping centre down the road, so if we have time, its usually best to go there, a lot more variety and less expensive ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts