Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Why isn't Barcelona a MS, when the prize money is $1million+ and more of the top players seem to play there instead of Monte Carlo?

2.Why play Houston with prize money that tops out at $300,000? It doesn't make sense to me if you're an Agassi, Blake or Roddick to play there when the top field is in Barcelona and you're heading over to Rome and Hamburg in the next week or so anyway?

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
cos all those who play Houston are chickens :p

Barcelona always attracts the best of the best clay courters (even tougher to win this than any TMS on clay cos you don't get any doofus's like Schalken's or Schuettlers clogging up the field.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
How dare you call the Sjengster a 'doofus'! (and not just the sentiment, couldn't you have picked a less crassly American term of abuse?)

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What ever happened to Sjengster the poster?

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
What ever happened to Sjengster the poster?
he's here in all his glory as hendouble ( guess you didn't realize)

Bring back ATP World ;)

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a feeling...

But I *really* thought Hendouble was a *she* :eek:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Well, sorry to disillusion you. I'm just not that type, you know?

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's okay. Great to see you here as a Henman fan;)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
My username's handy, because on here it can refer to Henman, on GM it can refer to Henin; of course, the possibility of a 'Hendouble' at Wimbledon last year was what inspired it. Ah, those were the days...

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
going back to the original Q..... A TMS is over $2M as well

Barcelona used to be before MC until 2000 when it was switched around, it still got a good field then as well but its gotten tougher in last few years.

Monte Carlo used to get a better field, it would have gotten a pretty good field this yr if not 20 or so gotten injured. (but then those guys have to play there, Barcelona is just an optional but a MEGA-optional.

winning this is just short of winning two regular optional events.

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
2.Why play Houston with prize money that tops out at $300,000? It doesn't make sense to me if you're an Agassi, Blake or Roddick to play there when the top field is in Barcelona and you're heading over to Rome and Hamburg in the next week or so anyway?
Because Agassi, Blake, and Roddick are Americans and love playing on American soil. ;) ;)

I'm sure if Pete actually played tournaments this year, he would have chosen Houston over Barcelona as well.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Because the Americans are chickens :devil: Plus I suppose Agassi needed to have his ego stroked before his big defense in Roma.

What really doesn't make sense is why Roddick & Blake came back to play Houston, considering they were in Europe for TMS Monte Carlo. Or Spadea, for that matter.

·
Registered
349 Posts
AA didn't play the TMS last week but comes here to play in a much smaller tournament :eek: What a respect for MC. :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts