Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
They cut away from tennis to show a bunch of butch looking women play bad basketball? :rolleyes: :tape:

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Yeah wtf?!! I want tennis not bball!

Reactions: RJWCapriati

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only good part about it is that I don't have to listen to Cliff's annoying ass anymore. :lol:

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
Brad is an ogre who can't pronounce Kuznetsova. Can't believe they cut off the match. B-Ball sucks.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
They would never leave basketball for tennis...we always have to wait for the end of overtime to see tennis. Grr!

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'm not a fan of Hingis, but I'm pretty sure that Hingis would draw more fans to ESPN than women's college basketball :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,482 Posts

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
I don't like it anymore than any of you, but ESPN is contractually obligated to cover the NCAA women's tournament.

BTW, Hingis just lost 7-6, (11-9 tiebtreak in the final set).

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
lizchris said:
I don't like it anymore than any of you, but ESPN is contractually obligated to cover the NCAA women's tournament.

BTW, Hingis just lost 7-6, (11-9 tiebtreak in the final set).
Yes, but they could have waited for the match to be over, then show the basketball game from the beginning.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I understand because it is an important women's basketball game. But they should have played the rest of the tennis match on ESPN instead of basketball highlights (or whatever) which can be shown later on tape.

·
Banned
6,444 Posts
Its typical of ESPN sports coverage and their incompetence to realize that people are more compelled to watch a WTA professional tennis match going into a third set tie-breaker, rather than watch a womens college basketball game where one team has a 20 point lead.

I'm not shocked, they employ grand slam singles winless commentators that can't even pronounce the names of the players their commentating.

Dumb Asses :rolleyes:

Reactions: bigshow21

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
It's not the Williams sisters, Roddick or Agassi playing so why should ESPN show a match featuring a Swiss and a Russian when Women's basketball is on?

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
They should give up rights to show matches that go into overtime on the tennis channel. The best part of the match not even shown :fiery:

·
Banned
6,444 Posts
venusfan said:
It's not the Williams sisters, Roddick or Agassi playing so why should ESPN show a match featuring a Swiss and a Russian when Women's basketball is on?
When has women's basketball EVER overshadowed the sport of Women's tennis in ratings???????

1 - 20 of 24 Posts