Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shes just played and won her first pro event in Wrexham at the age of 14, is ranked 40 something in juniors. I think she could be something special. She had all the right shots.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
10k challenger

I think someone around 300-ish, from Ireland, she was the number one seed.

·
Registered
12,908 Posts
She has two other pro events

Dublin ($10,000 - Ireland) Aug 3 2003
QF N Kriz - T Bacsinszky-Q 4-6 6-1 6-2
2 T Bacsinszky-Q - Y Doyle(2) 6-72 6-4 6-4
1 T Bacsinszky-Q - E Murphy-WC 6-3 6-2
Qual 2 T Bacsinszky - G Misiuriova 6-0 6-0
Qual 1 T Bacsinszky - L Walsh 6-1 6-2

Vaduz ($25,000 - Liechtenstein) June 15 2003
1 C Maes - T Bacsinszky-WC 5-2

She beat the #1, 8, 5 and 7 seeds for the title. Pretty impressive stuff. What does she play like?

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty hard hitter, fast on the ground, incredible shot making ability. Her opponent was just hitting balls back to her it seemed, just was not given the option to attack tofay (poor Karen).

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
Karen needs room to move at the back of the court, she's useless on the run. From what I've heard Timea figured that out pretty easily, didn't give Karen the change to smack her big forehand away :(

It'll be interesting to see how Timea copes at the $10k in London next week. She'll have to go through qualies again.

·
Premium Member
172,292 Posts
paul_masterton said:
It'll be interesting to see how Timea copes at the $10k in London next week. She'll have to go through qualies again.
As Timea won the $10k
she'll get a Special Exempt into maindraw as London is also the same size tourn

both finalists get this if required.
Timea might feel that she's played enough and rest.

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
erm, there is no room for her. 3 main draw wild cards have been awarded, 8 qualifiers and there are 21 people accepted into the main draw on the entry lists.

I thought the SE only applied if you were unable to make it to teh qualifying event as it was starting on teh same day as you were playing in the semis/final?

·
Premium Member
172,292 Posts
paul_masterton said:
erm, there is no room for her. 3 main draw wild cards have been awarded, 8 qualifiers and there are 21 people accepted into the main draw on the entry lists.

I thought the SE only applied if you were unable to make it to teh qualifying event as it was starting on teh same day as you were playing in the semis/final?
thats true
Brit events are always weird compared to rest of world :p

·
Registered
26,637 Posts
When kids this age play Futures/Challengers insted of Juniors, is it usually a "money decision" or a "tennis decision"? (Incidentally, I presume in Sharky's case that was a totally irrelevant factor in her playing some Challengers this spring).

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
usually they make an allowance and only ahve 19 names after the main draw withdrawl deadline passes, not sure why they didn't do it here. I figured they guessed that as teh events are so close, any player would be able to play the final and make the sign-in deadline.

LTA oddness comes to the fore again.

I'm hopeing a mass withdrawl from London, and half a dozen Brits head to Nigeria :p

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Timea is apparently playing for the next two weeks, then having a break in September.

·
Registered
22,590 Posts
I can't believe shes only 14 she looked about 17.

It was funny when she played in wrexham cos people would hit shots against her that looked like winners and she'd hit an amazing winner off that.It must have been quite demolorising.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Monica_Rules said:
I can't believe shes only 14 she looked about 17.

It was funny when she played in wrexham cos people would hit shots against her that looked like winners and she'd hit an amazing winner off that.It must have been quite demolorising.
Karen got pretty demoaralized thats for sure!

·
Registered
11,975 Posts
In fact, I saw her play in Tarbes, because she won twice this tournament (back to back), the tournament is called "les petits as" and the only girl who win this title back-to-back was ... Martina Hingis! Kim won this tournament too!

So, I'm sure (almost 100% sure) that she'll be a great player!! She plays like martina but with power! and if i remember well, melanie molitor is helping her to improve her game (but not sure tho)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.