Tennis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I can see on the tele, there are quite a few empty seats at the Clijsters/Davenport final.
You would think that a big crowd would come out to see a new #1 crowned. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I bet the butts of the CBS execs are really puckered up at the thought that this could be a preview of a possible U.S. Open prime time womens singles final. :eek: :)

Side note: Mary Jo is still talking about that win, one win, over SERENA at the L.A. Championships 10 months ago. :rolleyes: LOL

TR :cool:

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Even with the sisters it was empty.....now do u expect the people to come out and watch Clijsters?

· Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, miss the opportunity to see a new #1?
I would have gone, but I had to get ready to go see S.W.A.T.. :) LOL

· Plainclothes Division
5,873 Posts
Actually, it's a f***ed-up promotion thing. Put a tournament in a new location, don't tell anyone it's there, don't do any advertising, and don't put up any promotional material near the tournament site. I'm surprised anybody showed up.

They can't really point the fingers at the player field, as they had good crowds in San Diego and Stanford. With the promotional "effort" behind this tourney, they could have had Venus and Anna playing naked and the crowd wouldn't have been any bigger. (Or at least, any more numerous. :eek:)

This tournament has served as the "Goofus" of tournament promoting.

· Registered
4,911 Posts
:wavey: Hmmm T-rex you in love? !!! Amazed you actually had a decent thing to say....sorry I havn't posted....but since you found the Canberra Bush Fires amusing...I will NEVER forgive you. 430+ houses lost within hours and lifes as well. Congrats on being positive for once anyhow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.