Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
185,189 Posts
Brian Stewart said:
I was watching a special Sunday night on sports bloopers, and one involved a horse race which was won by a horse named.... "Hoof Hearted". (Just imagine that being said several times in a rapid, horse-racing-announcer cadence.) :)
I had a horse that was a registered Arabian and his registered name was "Blue Sky Gaize" but we just called him "Champ" and he answered to it! I miss ole Champ!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Barrie_Dude said:
I had a horse that was a registered Arabian and his registered name was "Blue Sky Gaize" but we just called him "Champ" and he answered to it! I miss ole Champ!
Blue Sky is such a pretty name! My favourite sort of ice cream is called that ...

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
185,189 Posts
maya said:
Blue Sky is such a pretty name! My favourite sort of ice cream is called that ...
It is. But we called him Champ because he alwys won a ribbon at the horse shows we entered!

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
One of Jennifer North's rich boyfriends once bought her a racehorse, and a fur coat. All she had was a body, and all she knew how to do was take off her clothes, but she really stretched those two assets!

She had to sell the fur coat to send money to her mother. When Jennifer fell in love with Tony Pilar and married him, the rich boyfriend took the racehorse back. Poor Jennifer, her luck only got worse. After Tony was let go from his movie contract, he got Huntington's Cholera and ended up a vegetable in the sanitarium. In order to make ends meet, Jennifer had to make "nudies" and "art films" in France.

The moral of Jennifer's story is, go with the guy with the racehorse. It beats making "nudies" and "art films" in France.

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
185,189 Posts
Helen Lawson said:
One of Jennifer North's rich boyfriends once bought her a racehorse, and a fur coat. All she had was a body, and all she knew how to do was take off her clothes, but she really stretched those two assets!

She had to sell the fur coat to send money to her mother. When Jennifer fell in love with Tony Pilar and married him, the rich boyfriend took the racehorse back. Poor Jennifer, her luck only got worse. After Tony was let go from his movie contract, he got Huntington's Cholera and ended up a vegetable in the sanitarium. In order to make ends meet, Jennifer had to make "nudies" and "art films" in France.

The moral of Jennifer's story is, go with the guy with the racehorse. It beats making "nudies" and "art films" in France.
Was the fur for the racehorse? My goodness, you should see what some people spend on a horse at the Auction every year in Lexington! I mean these horses are fetching 40 or 50 million! :eek: And they live fairley well! Better than I do!

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
I saw the Derby! Build-up build-up and in 2 minutes it's over. That was an exciting race by Funny Cide though. I wish I could be a winning jockey. :cool:

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
empiremaker03 said:
did you get the pedigree from The Bloodhorse?

Uptil last year I worked with racehorses, and of cause thre was some funny names. I remember an American horse called Yakadakasakalaka, or as the racereader called it " the horse with the funny name"

In fact you are not allowed to call a racehorse what you want, the name has to pass a comtitty for aprovement. We had a horse here called Czarci Zleb, it was born in Poland, and someone told me it was a searing in Polish.
Myself has been the proud/embarrassed owner of two racehorses.
Mr. James and Westray, Westray was bred in Canada and a grandson of the great Northern Dancer (But he did not know that, I am afraid)

"come on, go,go Hoof Hearted!"
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
Oh, that was the one with the female jockey. If I had known beforehand I woulda placed a bet too.

·
Banned
618 Posts
CC--wonderful to see people watching the KY Derby here!...

Salima...can't really remember but likely the Ky Derby website--of course I also read the Bloodhorse daily...

I am sad over 'Empire losing a shot at that ever elusive Triple Crown--and of course my losing out on around a $2000 pick 4 (had the $50 horse the race before) but win won a nice place bet as a backup on my namesake...I was telling people at the track Funny Cide was the best NY-Bred horse I've seen--incredible courage he shows down the stretch...was fighting 'Empire all the way in the prep race for the Derby but was no match...

Funny Cide's dam was bought for $4200 in Ok City at Heritage Place and was initially a $22k yearling sale--and 'Empire's worth is stated as $40 million (his dam is Broodmare of the Year) and of course his sire is a former Derby winner and 3yo champion...

yes, there are funny horse names, clever names as well as sneaky 'naughty ones also...

i always had a soft spot for a horse racing name a while back called I'm Jinxed--ha ha my life story

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Funny Cide´s jockey, Pedro Santos, has two brothers riding in my home country, the oldest of them, Manuel has been a champion in Norway, is married to a Norwegian girl (who also has been a jockey champion) and he loves ski jumping!!

When Pedro came to USA from Chile, he didn´t know a word English, and to the riding instructions he always nodded. si si! When he knew a little more English he discovered, that it was not always riding instructions, but often questions about his seksual preferances, si si senior

1 - 20 of 33 Posts