Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
source and link : http://tenfem.streetreporters.net/?p=327

I've done a translation of an interestinginterview of Kleybanova made yesterday. My english is useless, so i apologize by advance, but i wanted to share it with you ;) Enjoy ! And there are some lovely pics of Alisa as well ;)

Alisa Kleybanova is still far to be the most popular on the press center : no journalists did ask to WTA to talk to her in a press conference, after her first-round victory on Tuesday afternoon against the tenacious Pironkova 6/2 7/6. But as she enthousiasmed us a lot at the Australian Open,with her victory against Ivanovic and her homeric defeat to Dokic in the last of 16, TenFem took the occasion to get to know this young Russian of 19 years old a little bit better. She's currently number 27 in the world, her career-best ranking.

After seeing her play in front of barely 20 persons on the Court 1 of Paris-Coubertin, we first asked Alisa if she didn't have a sort of letdown after so many high emotions in Australia.

Oh, i'm not like that, moreover, i got the chance to be selected in the Fed Cup's Team, so there was a great atmosphere in the Olympic Stadium. Si it's cool to begin the year with so much energy, even if there's less people watchingon small courts. Speaking about Melbourne, Dokic totally deserved to win this match, and I think that she could come back easily to the top 20 at least if she keeps playing like that. I watched the match afterwards, and she really was on fire on the important points.

As it is only her second season on the main Tour for this girl from Moscow, we were expecting to meet someone excited by the idea of seing the biggest stars of the WTA, like the Williams sisters. In fact, absolutely not : she speaks with a very clean english, being as calm as she is talkative (we didn't even had time enough to ask all the questions!). The permanent busy atmosphere on the tour doesn't seem to reach her serenity ... even if she's definitely more demonstrative on court.

I don't know why, I've never been impressed by the famous players. Maybe because i was one of the best when i was on young, so I got used to see great players practicing. I wasn't admirative, but I thought it was really interesting to see them while they were working.

Quand on lui parle des nouvelles règles instaurées par la WTA, elle émet une opinion positive concernant le Masters de Bali, qu’elle estime intéressant (pour rappel, ce tournoi, en marge du Masters de Doha et de ses 8 meilleures joueuses du monde, réunit 12 joueuses qui ont eu les meilleurs résultats sur les tournois International, la catégorie inférieure aux tournois Premium comme celui de Paris-Coubertin).

When we talked about the new Masters in Bali, she thought that it was an interesting thing (this tournament is for the 12 players who will have the best results on the International Series, which is a category above the Premium ones).

I am not necessarily thinking about it now, but i think it's the occasion for really good players, for example around the top 20, to have the opportunity to play a this type of event.

Is it a smart way to hint that she's already thinking about Doha?

No, no! (smiling) I really want to make it step by step.

She explains later that she couldn't travel et play in competition more than 9 months, while she were expecting to make her debut on the tour, more than 2 years ago. We don't know what happened, but it seems that this experience really contributed to test her love of the game and to gain a lots of maturity.

It wasn't because of health or financial troubles, but family private reasons. In these kind of moments, I can tell you that's really frustrating to not know if you can have ever have the possibility to play again in competition.

Well, as we didn't want to come into her concerns, we switched to another subject about her : does she still manage to maintain a life like an the girls who are the same years olds. Does she go out a lot? Love affairs?

Oh it's not easy, because everything must be focused on my shape, physically or mentally speaking: it's a lot of pressure to keep a good hygiene of life.

And don't talk to her about social networking like Facebook, she doesn't care at all about it, because it's a source of distraction she says laughing at us while we surely looked afraid at how dedicated she is to her sport.

Don't Worry! I keep in touch with my family and friends through emails. But not more !

Too bad for her, because it's not easy to have friends on the tour. Radwasnka, her future opponent of Open Gaz de France, is coming into the room to be interviewed on a press conference, so we moved and finished the meeting in the journalists area.

It's true that i can not say that i have a big friend on Tour, except Rodina. I am good with Makarova and Niculescu, also Chakvetadze. But she does not want to play a lots of doubles this year.

The time of the conversation is already out, so we quietly leave an Alisa Kleybanova that we found totally down-to-earth, enough to keep going her ascension to the top of Women's tennis. TenFem bets that she will be the revelation of the year, expecting that she will keep working her forehand, a bit more weaker than her great backhand (particularly while running!) and her footspeed, which will surely get better with the years to come.

Tonight, Kleybanova will play Radwanska in the last match of the day, on the Center Court of Australian Open. Probably in front of a light crowd, because of the late hour and the fact they would have already seen Serena Williams, Jankovic or Dementieva before. Still, in the shadow, Alisa is patiently waiting her moment to come. The finals' moment.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Shes quite an exciting player to watch..

·
Premium Member
181,945 Posts
thanx :wavey:

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Awww she seems well sweet haha, but more than 9 months :eek:..Sounds like Alisa isn't so pure :devil:...Well I'm kidding :p..I think :unsure:

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Thank you for the translation :wavey:... she seems to be a very nice young woman

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
nice words for Jelena Dokic....I really like Alisa and was impressed with her game :)! she just needs to get stronger and faster......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts