Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few very good Serbian players right now, so I thought it would be nice if we had a forum for them in the Rest of the World section. Maybe change Jelena Dokic's forum into the one for all of them? It's not a big deal if it can't be done, but I do think it would be a good thing.

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
We can easily change the name of the Dokic forum, just make sure the 'regulars' who post there agree. And suggest a name ;) Let us know...

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I think it's a good idea for sure cos there is many Serbian player at the moment which do so good on the WTA and it seems kinda sad that there is no forum for Serbian players. I'm not so good to think up a name, the only thing I can think of is The Serbian Stars forum which is really bad I know, but I'm sure someone else could think up sth..?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,007 Posts
carot said:
...just make sure the 'regulars' who post there agree. And suggest a name ;) Let us know...
If I will qualify as regular then from my part you have a green light.
If it's possible to create players subforums then it would be even better. :cool:

·
Registered
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
carot said:
We can easily change the name of the Dokic forum, just make sure the 'regulars' who post there agree. And suggest a name ;) Let us know...
It looks like they won't mind. Just wait a bit until we come up with a good name. :)

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
I have a name suggestion.

"Serbian Superheroes"

:shrug:

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Lemonskin said:
I have a name suggestion.

"Serbian Superheroes"

:shrug:
But shouldn't that be "Serbian Superheroines"? :D

How about "The Serbian Superstars Squad"?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
veba said:
"Serbian sensations". That's nice.
Yeah I like that :)

Maybe if ppl aren't happy to make the Dokic forum into a forum for all the Serbs a new forum could be made and the Dokic forum could be left? But to me it seems a little sad to seperate Dokic from all the other Serbian player if you see how I mean.. :confused:

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
"SuperSerbs" ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
16,153 Posts
Well if there not happy with it changing to all Serbian .. keep Dokic in the title .. like Anna and The Smash Pistols is for Anna and the Israeli players..so go with that maybe

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
Serbian Shenanigans? :p

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
Swingin' Serbs :D

Serbian Sweethearts :inlove:

Serbalicious? o_O

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Uhm, I'm sorry to trouble the administrators, but I was just wondering, is this gonna be possible to change the name of the forum? I'm not sure if the fans of Dokic are too happy about changing it's name, but maybe if we did what Lonely Stranger suggested and made a name such as "Jelena D and the Serbian Superstars" ? @ Dokic fans, would this be okay, or do you prefer that it's still just Jeca's forum?

If it's the case that the fans of Dokic who post on the forum "Dokic's Domain" wish that this is just Jelena Dokic's forum, would it be possible to have a new forum created for the Serbian players? (as is the case with the new forum for the Croatian players and the old Majoli forum existing seperately) I know like the administrators already have said, it's not that common for a new forum to be created just for 1 player any more, but there are more than 1 Serbian player. There is Jelena Jankovic, who is top 30 ranked now, and Ana Ivanovic, who's a big "rising star" and I think is gonna be getting really good results on the WTA next year. Also there is Vojislava Lukic who has the potential to be a top player in the future maybe. The Serbia-Montenegro Fed. Cup team should do great next year, cos they have a great group of players (especially when you include Dokic, if she's gonna play Fed. Cup) so it would be great to have a forum to talk about this.

Also, at the moment, ppl who wanna talk of the Serbian players must always post on the GM, and I think maybe ppl are getting a bit bored of there being so many "Serbian threads", lol! And this also would be remedied if there can be made forum for the Serbian players.

So, anyway, I know it's a big thing to ask, but would this be possible? I really hope so!

Thank u, and lots of love from,
Jelena

1 - 20 of 68 Posts