·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
232 Posts
Yeah... Graf won 4 slams after that.

The best final match of the Open era was probably Steffi-Arantxa 96 RG final, like the other guy said in the article... but I'd have to say the 95 USO final, was the most anticipated final.

·
Chionophile
40,070 Posts
Tom Ripley said:
A good match, but hardly the best match. The second set was a bagel and there wasn't that much suspence in the third set.
Hi Tom, you're creepy! :tape: ;)

Anyway, this is a good match, but certainly not the greatest of the open era. I think possibly one of the most anticipated matches in history though.

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
Sam L said:
Hi Tom, you're creepy! :tape: ;)

Anyway, this is a good match, but certainly not the greatest of the open era. I think possibly one of the most anticipated matches in history though.
Yeah, that was the word I was looking for: most ANTICIPATED match... never before have two rivals has such a tragic history together!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
...I always thought Plein Soliel with Alain Delon was a better film than Anthony Minghellas' version...even if it wasn't so close to the book...which is best...er...didn't see that match... :)

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
People forget that not only did Parche take Monica away from us, but he almost ruined the best rivalry we've had since Chris [Evert] and Martina [Hingis] " Graf's close friend, Rennae Stubbs, said.
;)

I (at that time ) would usually cry every time Seles lost but this was one match where there were no losers and i was soooo proud of Monica that day !

:worship: Monica :kiss: :hearts:

·
Registered
24,266 Posts
this article neglects the not too shabby 96 us open final and some other tight 3 setter they had after this match (he says this was the last close one at the end).

:eek: the grammar
personally, i think the 92 french final is a little better.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,009 Posts
"People forget that not only did Parche take Monica away from us, but he almost ruined the best rivalry we've had since Chris [Evert] and Martina [Hingis]," Graf's close friend, Rennae Stubbs, said.

:haha: :haha:

I certainly hope Stubbs didn't say that!

·
Registered
24,266 Posts
yea... and if she was a rude person, that "wow" would have been followed by "I was so screwed out of that match just now."

but i like the wow

bte, rennae didnt say hingis, the person who wrote the article added hingis and thats why its in parentheses.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
the match just showed how Seles was better...and that serve was an ace :eek:

·
Registered
14,849 Posts
so steffi benefits from yet another dubious call :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I saw that call few quite times and that ball "bited" a line...what made me upset was Steffi's reaction to claim that ball out :eek:

and yes, at RG 1999, that Martina's return was in too... :eek:

·
Registered
14,849 Posts
and yes, martina's return was very in, so i heard

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
wasn't that important call as Monica's one but clearly wrong...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts