Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems I was fine when Serena had 9 GS titles, because she was at the top of the single digit ladies. But now that it's double digits, Serena's on the lower end of the double digit players. And I can't help but compare her to the likes of Evert/Navratilove/Steffi and see Serena's ten grand slams lacking while when she was on her way to 9, I was happy with every single one she added to her resume. Is it just me? Am I just crazy? :lol:

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
No I see your point. But Serena wont end on 10 ;) So just be patient until RG :lol:

·
Premium Member
26,630 Posts
Yeah, I understand. It's like the common comparison to being a big fish in a small pond in the 8th grade and then once going to high school you're back to being a small fish in a big lake as a freshman, :rolls:

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
You're a little bit crazy. I think she was always compared to Graf, Navratilova and Evert anyway because the level of play and dominance she has exhibited in the past was comparable to the things they did. She's just edging her way closer to them. She's not going to catch them but she'll make up some ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts