Wow. What a show from Maria! :eek:

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Someone is having a good tourney!!

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Surprising. This girl really likes Stanford.

Meanwhile, it will be interesting to see if Schiavone can defend all her hard court points from last summer. If I remember correctly, she reached the semis of both San Diego and LA before making the quarters of the US Open. This loss to Vento-Kabchi isn't a good sign for her...

·
Banned
959 Posts
Wow:). Maria So she has repeated last year's performance. Could she upset Lindsay!?
Hope Lindsay will be back to her form when they face each other.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
No, she reached semis at Stanford and L.A and a 2nd round in SanDiego and Canadian Open.
I hope in these 2 tourneys she can reach some more points.

·
Banned
796 Posts
I dont like Francesca...So GOOD JOB MARIA!

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
:eek: well done Maria.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Schiavone played really bad today! her shots are off... maria, on the other hand, was really great and consistent!

·
Premium Member
181,857 Posts
Maria at a career high #26

·
Premium Member
21,360 Posts
I've never been all that impressed with Vento's game. She is super consistent from the back of the court, but each time I've seen her play she usually just fluffs the ball back, waiting for error. No weapons of any kind, just great consistency.

Still, gotta hand it to her :) How old is she now? 30? Nice to see one of the veteran's doing so well still!

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Not Surprising that she Won, Shes in her Zone and pretty much anyone who is not playing well, or just about anyone is going to have a battle on their hands, She loves playing here so anyone who came directly into her path, I figured there was going to be a few upsets.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
TS said:
I've never been all that impressed with Vento's game. She is super consistent from the back of the court, but each time I've seen her play she usually just fluffs the ball back, waiting for error. No weapons of any kind, just great consistency.

Still, gotta hand it to her :) How old is she now? 30? Nice to see one of the veteran's doing so well still!
she hits the ball quite hard actually, not a 'power' player i agree but certainly doesnt 'fluff' the ball back

1 - 20 of 34 Posts