Tennis Forum banner

361 - 375 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Any observation about Justine's new serve?

:(:):worship:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Any observation about Justine's new serve?

:(:):worship:
It does look better, in terms of smoothness of the gesture. After the toss, her movements are more ample. I think the toss is also higher, to accommodate the wider gesture which requires more time. And more time she will also have to think about where and how to hit the ball and to send it in the desired direction. What often bothered me about her serve in the past was the very low clearance she had above the net, which resulted in several errors, probably a result of the "cramped", if I may say so, appearance of the movement, more evident when she started serving with her arms closer to her body, rather than outstretched. All in all, the change was a good choice. Of course, we will have to see if she will be able to keep it up when things get tough on court. On Sunday she was still struggling with the toss and the 1st serve percentage was low, but it was expected.

As far as the rest of her game is concerned, I don't see many differences from the past. I really liked her being aggressive on the opponent's serve, trying out a chip and charge which we don't see that often nowadays. On the other hand, I smiled at that blasting every return as if her life depended on it :) Another thing that always made me roll my eyes and ask myself why she just didn't try to control the return shot for a change... but it's part of her all-or-nothing attitude, I guess.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
miss molly, thanks for pics and reports. It's so nice to see Ju plays again, even in exho. Can't wait to AO next year.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
On the other hand, I smiled at that blasting every return as if her life depended on it :) Another thing that always made me roll my eyes and ask myself why she just didn't try to control the return shot for a change... but it's part of her all-or-nothing attitude, I guess.
She's too excited.:lol:

361 - 375 of 375 Posts