Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The official site- http://www.covadis.be/tennistrophy7/

Anybody from here going? Or at least planning? :p

This will be Justine's first tournament after 19 months. The invited players are Flavia Pennetta, Alize Cornet and Kirsten Flipkens. Hopefully there will be some reports or maybe even a stream :angel:

Can't wait. :bounce:

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,685 Posts
back in the days it was on Belgian TV so there may be a stream... One of Belgian television (RTBF) is a partner of the event so I'd say there's a pretty good chance :p

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The schedule is out, Justine will play Kirsten first.

Dec 4. 2009 Friday- Kids Tennis Academy Day

Dec 5, 2009 Saturday
14:30 hrs (2:30 pm) Opening Ceremony/ Introduction of Players
15:00 hrs (3pm) Match 1 - Justine vs Kirsten Flipkens
17:00 hrs (5pm) Match 2 - Flavia P vs Alize Cornet
Entertainment/Music - Beatles tribute band Abbey Road to perform

Dec 6, 2009 Sunday
14:00 hrs (2pm) Runners-up Match
16:00 hrs (4pm) Finals
18:00 hrs (6pm) Prize presentation ceremony
18:30 hrs (6:30pm) Live tv special RTBF [Weekend Sportif]

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,060 Posts
GREAT! First against flipkens, then hopefully against flavia. :D I like that she has to play these fast consistent players first to get rythm on her strokes and solidify her game. :D

When is the dubai exhibition? Justine is supposed to play safina, kuznetsova and ivanovic there right? :drool: CAN'T WAIT!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to go on Sunday, it should be fun:)
Cool :D Hope you have a great time.

I was considering going before she announced her comeback, but I would have had to plan everything well in advance - getting a visa here is a still a hassle. :(
It turned out that there was no way I could make it in December :sad:

Has anyone from here been to RG?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Cool :D Hope you have a great time.

I was considering going before she announced her comeback, but I would have had to plan everything well in advance - getting a visa here is a still a hassle. :(
It turned out that there was no way I could make it in December :sad:

Has anyone from here been to RG?

That's the only chance i have to watch her play in Belgium since Antwerp is no more, i don't want to miss it.

I hope you'll be able to watch her at another tournament next year.

·
Registered
993 Posts
you guys are lucky to have the chance to see her live or meet her in person, i doubt she will play in the philippines EVER :tape: so that sucks. i hope adidas will sponsor a trip for her here i still see some of her giant posters for adidas, as well as ads for her racket.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Can't wait to see her on court again :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
The big day when Justine starts her comeback in competition on the tennis courts (somewhat of a competition, it's still an exhibition) is within a week from today! It's all very exciting.

·
Arnian, Prince of Justinedom
3,781 Posts
I'm very excited about this and nervous, I just hope she plays well against Penetta

Assuming she beats Flipkens

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
That's the only chance i have to watch her play in Belgium since Antwerp is no more, i don't want to miss it.

I hope you'll be able to watch her at another tournament next year.

Do you know what happens to that diamond racquet? Shouldn't the last winner, which happens to be Justine, get to keep it?

:):):)

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Sport/Story/STIStory_462209.html
Dec 3, 2009
Henin starts 2nd tennis career
Henin (pictured) will face compatriot Kirsten Flipkens as she returns for an exhibition event. -- PHOTO: REUTERS

CHARLEROI (Belgium) - FORMER world number one Justin Henin will begin her second career on Saturday on home ground at Charleroi, 18 months after retiring from the women's circuit.

Henin, 27, retired on the eve of the 2008 French Open, a tournament she had won four times along with two US crowns and one Australian Open. It was the first time in the history of the sport that a reigning number one - male or female - had quit.

But in September she announced she was on the comeback trail saying she had rediscovered her appetite for competition. 'The flame has been rekindled, I thought it had been extinguished,' she explained.

In returning Henin followed in the footsteps of compatriot Kim Clijsters, who capped her own return with victory in the US Open.

Henin will face compatriot Kirsten Flipkens as she returns for an exhibition event. She will then meet either Italian Flavia Pennetta or Alize Cornet of France.

'Justine is nervous as she knows everyone's eyes will be on her,' coach Carlos Rodriguez said earlier this week after Henin had endured a gruelling preparation in Florida. 'She stood up well to the work without picking up any little injuries. She should be completely ready to go in January.' -- AFP

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
^ thanks for posting :hug:
I hope to find a livestream, they don't have the RTBF here in the netherlands :fiery:, and I really want to see her first match back!

Ju, welcome back, girl!

·
Registered
26,663 Posts
The schedule is out, Justine will play Kirsten first.

Dec 4. 2009 Friday- Kids Tennis Academy Day

Dec 5, 2009 Saturday
14:30 hrs (2:30 pm) Opening Ceremony/ Introduction of Players
15:00 hrs (3pm) Match 1 - Justine vs Kirsten Flipkens
17:00 hrs (5pm) Match 2 - Flavia P vs Alize Cornet
Entertainment/Music - Beatles tribute band Abbey Road to perform

Dec 6, 2009 Sunday
14:00 hrs (2pm) Runners-up Match
16:00 hrs (4pm) Finals
18:00 hrs (6pm) Prize presentation ceremony
18:30 hrs (6:30pm) Live tv special RTBF [Weekend Sportif]
The match is starting at 6.30 pm (for us, French, Belgians) so at 5.30 GMT. ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,060 Posts
Just a little more over an hour! She´s almost back :sobbing:

1 - 20 of 375 Posts