Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The saddest day in tennis history has come again.

26 January 2011 - she said "goodbye" to tennis forever:sad:

Does anyone still miss the Belgian Goddess? Is there still hope to ever come back, even for a short time? I know with each passing year, the chances are smaller and smaller, yet never say never. I'm curious how she'd compete with the actual top players.

Still miss this charming look.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
She is an amazing athlete. Had she hung around for a few more years, WTA would have its own Federer - Nadal legacy, with her and Serena. :sad:

And no, she won't coming back. She looks unfit right now. I think she stated that she might play in legend events though.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
100%

Could watch a compilation of her backhand all day without being bored.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I felt she retired too early but who knows? Maybe her body couldn't take too much more or maybe she wanted to settle down raising a family.

·
Registered
570 Posts
She had a fabulous career and fulfilled her potential. Sadly she didn’t win a Wimbledon otherwise it’d have been a complete career. But no you don’t need to come back to show your love for the sport. She’s now founded her family and is having other projects that should be a great substitute.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
One of the athletes I respect the most in tennis. Not only a winner but a winner who wins beautifully.She and Clijsters were the best thing to happen to the WTA since Hingis. Too bad they're so undervalued by the general public.

·
Registered
32,109 Posts
One of the athletes I respect the most in tennis. Not only a winner but a winner who wins beautifully.She and Clijsters were the best thing to happen to the WTA since Hingis. Too bad they're so undervalued by the general public.
Huh? Tennis fans always say they miss Justine and that the WTA hasn't been the same since her retirement.

·
Registered
27,926 Posts
The saddest day in tennis history has come again.

26 January 2011 - she said "goodbye" to tennis forever:sad:

Does anyone still miss the Belgian Goddess? Is there still hope to ever come back, even for a short time? I know with each passing year, the chances are smaller and smaller, yet never say never. I'm curious how she'd compete with the actual top players.

Still miss this charming look.

Seriously? The make up in this pic is ridiculous.

For me she has the better look with blonde hair in her 1st career.

·
x
34,518 Posts
:tears:

I miss her, her fight and (mostly on) mental fortitude is missing in almost 90% of the girls right now. :tape:

I'd pay to watch her play legends though.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
She retired due to injury the second time round, though. So I don't know why people are saying it was premature. It's a shame she retired the first time in 2008, but she was burnt out then so who knows... Shame she didn't take time off after the Sharapova drubbing at the AO. She could have rested and come back strong for the clay season. Had she played longer, who knows how many more slams she would have won, but it's hard to not see her winning at least two more, and that would be a conservative estimate.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Huh? Tennis fans always say they miss Justine and that the WTA hasn't been the same since her retirement.
Tennis fans. Very different from general public.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Glad she retired. Never liked her. And not missed her since she left.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Of course she won't be forgotten - she is the last 1HBH world number one.

Federer will likely be the male version of that. So she will no doubt be talked about for a long time to come -- basically as long as people talk about the sport. There will be the the pre and the post Henin/Federer era, ending the evolution that began with Evert and Connors/Borg.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts