Tennis Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mary lost by the score of 7-6 6-1.

I think that Mary had a good tournament. Especially her match against Dokic. And with all this rain it would have been horrible to try and get into the match. Especially when this match should have finished on Monday.

WELL DONE MARY

regards

Mark

·
Senior Member,
1,825 Posts
I AM disappointed about a loss to Myskina; I've followed tennis closely for the best part of 30 years and I think I've seen every top Ten player in that time, (many of them live), and I have to say that I've never seen one so unimpressive, (OK, maybe Brenda Schultz or Lisa Bonder!!), as Myskina. I'm convinced that if Mary had been able to come out and play the match in one go on Monday then she would have been a ready winner. Nonetheless it has still been a terrific tournament for Mary, and one which bodes well for the coming months!!

·
Banned
341 Posts
Latest news

Anastasia Myskina was lost to Justine Henin-Hardenne 2-6, 3-6 in quarter finals of U.S. open, very flea!! :( :mad: :fiery:

What do you think? :confused:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Still a very good tournament, Mary!!!!!!!!!

Oh well...Mary lost... :sad:

But still...a very good tournament for Mary...who'ld thought it that Mary would come this far... :D

Next year's gonna be even better for Mary...she's been improving all the time...

So overall...I'm pretty happy... :bounce:

MARY'S JUST THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angel: :angel:

·
Registered
19,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello,

I think that Mary has done well and yes is improving all the time. I ma sure that Mary will have a better year.

KEEP THE FAITH and I am sure that positive feelings will give Mary confidence, as i am sure that she appriciates our support and that will give Mary strenght.

regards

Mark

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
:sad: I am dissapointed about loosing to Myskina as well. Infact i think the same about Myskina as DECLAN.
Mary is much more better player than Myskina will ever be, even now after all that injuries. Myskina's play isn't a game that makes me feel satisfied by watching it at all. I didn't watch the match so I can't tell what happend but it is a big lost to Mary.
And rain isn't the answer of that lost.
I was very haapy at Wimbledon where she lost in 4th round but then She played Henin and now I am very dissapointed......
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Pierce had a little pain during her match, she explain the difficult situation in her interwiew after the match on the US open web site....She did a great US this year i'm so happy, she is on the good way now! :bounce: :bounce: :hearts:
Pierce will play Moscou, Filderstad and Zurich if she obtain a Wid Card, and the Quebec tournament at the end of the year, she might play the FED CUP if she is in the team. lot of good things for Mary for the end of the season... :bounce: She explain that she wants to be back in the top 30 to be seeded at the Australian Open 2004. She need 5 months to be at her top, lets let her the time to be the best again! :hearts: :hearts: :) :kiss: :bounce:

Mary is just THE BEST! :bounce: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :kiss: :) :bounce: :wavey:

·
Banned
11 Posts
Hi,

Mary Piercings SUCKED and LOSTED in Jelena Dokic!!!! Upsetting emotion I feeling when in place due to lacking preety boy in Louisiana to be formulating and calculating the little boyington with.

Regardingless Mary Piercing in the apologization to Miss Dokic for ways of cheating. Fanatics of Mary Piercing please follow away discombobulations and follow in my warming glow of beaming.

Greeting and Salutating,

Wong Ching (SRI LANKA)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
A part of Mary interwiew in French: i made a traduction for some parts of the interwiew

"J'ai vécu une de mes expériences les plus bizarres en Grand Chelem, a souligné Mary Pierce. Attendre, attendre pour finalement rester si peu de temps sur le court, c'est frustrant."

"C'est difficile à gérer ces périodes de pluie. On prévient les joueurs qu'ils vont jouer seulement un quart d'heure avant le match. Pour moi, c'est trop court. Cela ne laisse pas le temps de s'échauffer."
La Française retire néanmoins des enseignements positifs de son US Open.

"Après Wimbledon, c'est la deuxième fois consécutive que j'arrive en huitièmes de finale, a-t-elle rappelé. Je suis notamment très fière de mon match contre Jelena Dokic (au deuxième tour)."

After Wimbly this is my second fourth round, moreover i'm very proud of my match against Jelena Dokic...

"Je dois rester réaliste. Je reviens à un bon niveau mais il faut encore du temps pour redevenir encore plus forte. Là, je vais remonter dans le Top 50. J'espère participer aux tournois de Moscou, Filderstadt et Zurich si j'obtiens les invitations de ces tournois. L'objectif est d'arriver dans le Top 30 d'ici la fin d'année afin de figurer parmi les têtes de série à l'Open d'Australie 2004."

I have to stay calm. I'm back to a good level but i need some more time to be stronger; Now i'll be back in the top 50. I hope to play Moscou, Filderstad and Zurich if i obtain Wild card from the organisators. The gola is to be back until the end of the year into the top 30 to be seeded at the AO 2004.

Quant à une éventuelle participation à la Fed Cup, Mary Pierce se montre énigmatique: "Je ne sais pas. Après la tournée européenne indoor, j'ai prévu de participer au tournoi de Québec. J'ai envie de jouer. Ce serait sympa de regagner la coupe, six ans après. Le fait d'avoir réussi de bons résultats ici, ça aide. Je n'ai pas eu de contacts avec Guy Forget."

About the Fed cup: I don't know. after the tournaments in europe i plan to play in Québec. I want to play. I would be so cool to win a new cup six years later. My good results here could help me to be in the team. But i had no contacts with Guy Forget...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Unfortunatly i only got the partials transcript :sad: , i'm sorry but if i found it i'll post it

Q. Can you talk about playing over the course of three days like this, how it affects the game, the mentality about the match?

MARY PIERCE: I think this was the weirdest situation that I've ever experienced in a Grand Slam tournament. It was really, really weird, to wait four days and play 20 minutes to finish the match. It was really weird. .

Q. Could they have done a better job of getting the matches that were already in progress back out on the court as opposed to the matches they did play the last two nights?

MARY PIERCE: Wow, that's a good question.

I mean, it's definitely a tough situation. It's a tough situation for, you know, the players. A tough situation for the fans. Tough situation for the organization.

You know, I mean, the only thing that I would really have to say would be that, you know, when you're sitting around waiting to play for about three or four hours, then they come and tell you you're gonna play in 15 minutes, then they call you in 10 minutes, it's like, you know...

It's not enough time to prepare and get ready and warm up, you know, before you go out and play a match. Especially if it's cold out and it's late. It's a good way to get injured.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think that Mary had a good tournament...

1r Mary Pierce - S Gehrlein 6-3 6-2 :)
2r Mary Pierce - J Dokic 6-2 6-7 7-6 :clap2:

3r Mary Pierce - S Asagoe 6-4 6-1 :)

4r A Myskina - Mary Pierce 7-6 6-1 :awww:

It was a great tournament for her, I'm sure she's happy. :)
Last year she lost in 1r in US Upen. This year 4th round so she should get more points....

Great job Mary, CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Oh, Mary :smooch:

You are the best !!! :dance: :dance:

I think that Mary will play Moscou, Filderstad and Zurich :)
Good luck Mary !!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I`m pretty satisfied with Mary`s showing at Flushing Meadows. I really would have wanted her to come out as a winner against Myskina though because there was abig chance for her. Anyways, who would have thought that she could be in the tournament until thursday of the second week?! ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.