Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice job Serena! her serve was broken one in that first set! since then, she picked it up from 4-3 and won the rest of the games :)

Should cruz against Conchita playin this kind of tennis :)

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
She really was impressive today, loads of winners and only a very small amount of errors. I hope for her she can keep it up :)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
booty :bounce:

she was flying through that second set like she had to do some late night shopping at D&G, :eek:

·
Banned
7,262 Posts
lala said:
I couldn't believe she only hit 7 errors in the whole match!!!!!
Yeah well Pistolesi had 10 and she lost 0 & 3...

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Wow, and Wow again...!!!

lala said:
I couldn't believe she only hit 7 errors in the whole match!!!!!

:cool: Is that really true...just 7 UFE's, the entire match... :eek: :eek:

I think this "gurl" is serious about defending that French Open title :) :)

Go Serena...until you meet Ms. Vee!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Reactions: vs1

·
Registered
612 Posts
I wonder if she brutally punished Dechy's first and second serve, that seems to be one of her most dangerous weapons lately. It's always been, but I still have nightmares about that match with Lindsay in Charleston. So I wonder if she did the same.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
korben said:
Yeah well Pistolesi had 10 and she lost 0 & 3...
That comment is not valid here...Serena tends to hit alot of winners and errors...that is why making only 7 errors is worth noting...

Anna rarely hits any errors or winners...if Anna had hit 20+ winners in a match then it would be noteworthy...

Get my point...

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
Mad-About-Venus said:
I wonder if she brutally punished Dechy's first and second serve, that seems to be one of her most dangerous weapons lately. It's always been, but I still have nightmares about that match with Lindsay in Charleston. So I wonder if she did the same.
She didn't attack the serve much, but really stepped it up in the rallies

Reactions: vs1

·
Banned
7,262 Posts
BK4ever said:
That comment is not valid here...Serena tends to hit alot of winners and errors...that is why making only 7 errors is worth noting...

Anna rarely hits any errors or winners...if Anna had hit 20+ winners in a match then it would be noteworthy...

Get my point...

Ok got it ! Those that keep track of Winners and UFEs at Rome look bit lost anyway. (read: those might not be as accurate as they should be)

And Anna had 10 winners too :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Rhythmboy: :worship: very much for clarifying.

I guess you live in Belgium and have Eurosport ? ;)

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Korben, Korben, Korben...!!!

korben said:
Ok got it ! Those that keep track of Winners and UFEs at Rome look bit lost anyway. (read: those might not be as accurate as they should be)

And Anna had 10 winners too :)
:cool: Korben, whether or not the number of UFE's is accurate or not, the fact that a Williams had so few errors is "always" noteworthy...!!! It is a known fact the Williamses go for their shots and play a very "high risk" game, so a high number of UFE"s is expected, as well as a high number of "winners"... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Wow! nice playing by Serena! Very impressive! I'm hoping for Serena/Jen semi showdown. They always play each so tough, always a 3 set classic!

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Better game from Serena. The match was quite good until Dechy decided to take her leave and give up in the second. the first set was a lot closer then it appears.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts