Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congratulations TO KIM :bounce:

it will become official on Monday :)

The reason is Suarez-Ruano-Pascual lost first round in Toronto and they were defending champs so they lost their points, Ai was a defending finalist and didn't play and Kim had nothing to defend :)

Kim 3886
Ai 3853
Suarez 3740
Ruano-Pascual 3725

But Ai can get it back next week as she is playing New Haven, but she hasn't had great success this year when playing with other players than Kim. So Kim might go into the open number 1 in both.

But anyway she is just the 5th woman in WTA history to siultaneously hold the singles and doubles rankings,a fantastic achievement :bowdown:

·
Registered
873 Posts
:D Nice work Kim! :D

I just want to confirm something, there have been some rumours flying around that Kim won't be able to sustain her number 1 ranking in singles, anyone know whether this is true or not, I don't think it is but yeah, I just wanted to clarify it!

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spiritfullfrog said:
:D Nice work Kim! :D

I just want to confirm something, there have been some rumours flying around that Kim won't be able to sustain her number 1 ranking in singles, anyone know whether this is true or not, I don't think it is but yeah, I just wanted to clarify it!
Kim will be 1, whoever wrote that article about Kim dropping to 2 is wrong, kim had nothing to defend this week and Serena didn't play so couldn't have earnt anything. My assumption is they removed the 48 points Kim got in Montreal last year, but Kim's 17th result is 200 points so lat years mOntreal definately wasn't counting

She will be 1
But will need a good US Open or Henin could take her over if Henin wins

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
Well done Kim :D :worship:

·
Registered
11,975 Posts
Are you sure Kim lost nothing? Because she played in doubles last year losing in the QF to Dementieva/Husarova I think

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Come-on-kim said:
Are you sure Kim lost nothing? Because she played in doubles last year losing in the QF to Dementieva/Husarova I think
Yes but in doubles rankings only the top 11 results count, so that wasn't counting, actually it may have been counting but her win in Luxembourg goes into her top11 results now.

So on monday she will definatley be 1 in both :)

·
Registered
11,975 Posts
OK, GREAT!!

CONGRATS KIM :worship: :hug:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,394 Posts
kimmie!!!! :bounce: :dance: :yippee:

Reactions: Lynx

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is a nice quote from Daniela on Kim getting ot number 1

“I think it’s great. She’s won six tournaments this year and she’s been very consistent. The way she’s been playing I think she deserves the top spot right now and I’m very happy for her.”

-Daniela Hantuchova, talking about Kim Clijsters as the new world No. 1.

http://wtatour.com/index.cfm?section=main&cont_id=198589

I'm sure Daniela was one of those players who Kim said congratulated her in Toronto :)

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
go to www.fila.com
a popup comes up and it congratulates Kim :)
Although the site seems a little obsessed with Dokic pics :rolleyes: someone should remined them she is 23 and Kim and Jen are top 10 so they could put a pic of them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.