Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out

PARIS, May 23 (AFP) - the American Michael Chang had the particularly heavy hand for Amélie Mauresmo (N.5) and Sebastien Grosjean (N 14) during the drawing of lots of the 10è Internationaux of France of tennis which it carried out, Friday at the Roland-Garros stage. N.1 Frenchwoman, which never exceeded the eighth of finale in this only of the four tournaments of the Large Slam, is indeed in the same quarter of table as American Serena Williams (N.1), championne outgoing. Grosjean is even more badly parcelled out since it will have like adversary with the first turn the unforeseeable Roumanian Adrian Voinea, before probably running up against the third with the Spaniard Felix Mantilla, recent victorious of the tournament of Rome. If it passes this obstacle, Grosjean will be then opposed to a Spaniard even more frightening, Juan Carlos Ferrero (N.3), winner with Assembles-Carlo and Valence (Spain), semi-finalist in Barcelona, and unhappy finalist with Roland-Garros last year. Arnaud Clément (N.32), which represents with Mauresmo and Grosjean the best French chances, will have like probable adversary the Argentinian David Nalbandian (N.8) with the third turn, and possibly the Spaniard Albert Costa (N.9), holding of the title, with the following turn. Gathered in great number in the high half of the table, the French were hardly supported by the fate, with the image of Paul-Henri Mathieu, oppose to the Argentinian Gaston Gaudio (N.21) as of the first turn. Serena Williams and its sister Venus (N.3) are in two halves different from the female table, with the result that an eighth final the opponent in a tournament since 1999 is not impossible. It would be the same one as last year
:bounce: :bounce: :hearts: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
fuck the draw. GO AMELIE!beat serena!go kim!take out venus!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Well what do you know?

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
There is more chance of an All Belgian final :D

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Venus's Projected Road To The Title

1 Qualifier (Hoping Sharapova)
2 ?
3 Silvia Farina Elia
4 *Dementieva/Zvonareva*
QF *Capriati/Seles*
SF Kim Clijsters
F *Serena*

*-popcorn match

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Serena's draw :fiery:
Henin-Hardenne's :rolleyes:
Venus' :mad:
Clijsters' :eek:

Go Williams Sisters! Make it 5!!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
orget what the draw says - An all Williams Final is a "pipe dream"

Wanna bet? I put the question mark at the end of the title because you can never tell in sports.

But the GS final monopoly will finally come to an end. There are soo many potential banana skins for Venus, even if she is at full fitness (which I'm not sure she will be).

Serena is still - yes, even on this suface - the player to beat, but will have her work cut-out, and most likely have to be hovering somewhere near her claycourt-best to get past possibly Fernandez, Myskina and Daniilidou. Though I'm certain she will with some to spare.

*mouths the words to Hot in Herre*

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
You have to give the Williams the benifit of the doubt, but as a quarter final opponent, I guess most would prefer Rubin/Davenport over Mauresmo/Capriati, so the draw has not been very nice to them.

A Williams fan can say, they'll beat everyone anyway, but I guess they would have prefered Rubin/Davenport

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
And so, again the "hopers" are still hoping...!!!...!!!...!!!

:cool: And, to all those "azzes" wishing and hoping that the Sisters would end up on the same side of the draw...!!! You finish the sentence...HaHaHaHaHaHaHAH...aaaahhhhHaHaHaHAHAHAHAAH!!!

Now, it doesn't mean that there'll be another "Sister Slam Final"...!!! But, again, you fill in the blank!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :p :p :p :p

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Who knows?

If you examine the draw carefully; it's
actually nicely balanced with Serena,
Amelie, Justine on the upper half, and
Venus, Kim, Jen, and LD on the bottom
half.

I'm not worried; it's one of the more
fair draws in recent GS's. I like the
fact that the top contenders may all
have to face each other to get to the
final. It doesn't really seem like an easy
road for anyone in particular.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
persond said:
:cool: And, to all those "azzes" wishing and hoping that the Sisters would end up on the same side of the draw...!!! You finish the sentence...HaHaHaHaHaHaHAH...aaaahhhhHaHaHaHAHAHAHAAH!!!

Now, it doesn't mean that there'll be another "Sister Slam Final"...!!! But, again, you fill in the blank!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :p :p :p :p
This is the worse draw possible for you. If the seeds held up, you were assured of a Williams in the final if they were on the same side, now you are assured of nothing. Not that it matters as Venus will not make it that far anyway :p

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
A draws a draw, you gotta wins matches to win a slam.

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
The Williams fans seem to think its going to be an All Williams final again .

Well, Momo , Justine and Kim will certainly be thinking otherwise :D

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Interesting concept Flatstat. Very interesting.
There's also the other amusing tid bit; but
none of the top 6 seeded contenders can
claim to not be under pressure. The press in
the USA will expect Serena, Venus, Jen, and
LD to do well. The Belgian press is expecting
big big things. The French press want their
grand slam trophy back home where it
belongs. It might all come down to who
doesn't falter under huge expectations/hype.

You have to remember that there's no big
WAR going on nor WORLD CUP Soccer to
clash with for media coverage like last year.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Sweetie, there's nothing "sure", except...!!!

Flatstat said:
This is the worse draw possible for you. If the seeds held up, you were assured of a Williams in the final if they were on the same side, now you are assured of nothing. Not that it matters as Venus will not make it that far anyway :p
:cool: Not that I give a "phuck", but, anyone who wins dearie will have to go through seven (7) matches, regardless...! Furthermore, I think the Sisters welcome the challenge; It's not like they're given "shiete" anyways. And, if I recall, they've had the same or nearly similar challenges before, it's not like this is their "first time". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

*persond thinks to himself...did this fool really think that being on the same side would still guarantee a Williams in the final...??? Naaww, he couldn't have*

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
persond said:
:cool: Not that I give a "phuck", but, anyone who wins dearie will have to go through seven (7) matches, regardless...! Furthermore, I think the Sisters welcome the challenge; It's not like they're given "shiete" anyways. And, if I recall, they've had the same or nearly similar challenges before, it's not like this is their "first time". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

*persond thinks to himself...did this fool really think that being on the same side would still guarantee a Williams in the final...??? Naaww, he couldn't have*
Besides being incredibly rude you cannot read either. I feel sorry for you. time to make use of a few features on this board

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
WOW a cappy Venus quater would be interesting , have they even played on clay? Who does Kim have in the quaters?myskina is it? she always geta an easy quater!

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
No Miss :D"...!!!

Diya said:
The Williams fans seem to think its going to be an All Williams final again .

Well, Momo , Justine and Kim will certainly be thinking otherwise :D
:cool: Not speaking for "all Williams fans", Diya, but "You" were all so wishing and hoping for Kim's No.2 seed, thinking it would somehow mean the Sisters would end up on the same half of the draw. And "YOU" people were so "relentless" in your tirade, that you would think that it automatically guaranteed Kim a final and a win!!!

But, you see, it didn't happen. And too, Justine, Kim, MoMo and whoever, will certainly have to also win seven (7) matches to hoist the trophy!!!

You folks "carry-on about the Sisters, and as soon as a fan tries to "defend" them, you all catch attitudes!!! What the hell is that all about...???

Reactions: vs1
1 - 20 of 51 Posts