Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Tennis Europe 21&U Invitational begins this morning at the ATP 500 Hamburg European Open. This unique event is devised to give promising players big match experience alongside the stars at a leading professional event.

Tennis Europe also announced that as a further incentive to the total €50,000 prize money - intended to assist the players with travel and other expenses at this stage of their nascent professional careers - the men’s champion will receive a wild card entry to the $25,000 ITF World Tennis Tour event in Ricany (CZE), while the women’s champion will receive an invitation to compete at the $60,000 event in Meitar (ISR) in September.

Hosted by the ATP Hamburg European Open organisers in collaboration with Tennis Europe and the German Tennis Federation, the Invitational event will feature ‘Best of Five’ set matches played with a reduced format; sets will be played as ‘First to Four’ games with a tie-break at 3-All. There will be ‘No-Ad’ scoring (receiver decides), the ‘No Let’ rule applies, and players will be able to communicate with their coaches during the match.

The selection process saw players aged from 19-21 invited to participate in the event based on performances at Junior Grand Slams and their ITF World Tennis Tour ranking.

Players - Women

1 - Ylena In-Albon (SUI)
2 - Leonie Kung (SUI)
3 - Lara Salden (BEL)
4 - Ilona Ghioroaie (ROU)
5 - Nika Radisic (SLO)
6 - Georgia Craciun (ROU)
7 - Rebeka Masarova (ESP)
8 - Kathleen Kanev (GER)

·
Registered
55,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Group A

Ylena In-Albon (SUI)
Ilona Ghioroaie (ROU)
Georgia Craciun (ROU)
Nika Radisic (SLO)

Group B

Leonie Kung (SUI)
Lara Salden (BEL)
Rebeka Masarova (ESP)
Kathleen Kanev (GER)

·
Registered
55,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Results Day 1

(1)In-Albon d. (8)Radisic 40 14 42 43(4)
(6)Ghioroiae d. (4)Craciun 34(7) 43(5) 42 24 42

·
Registered
56,658 Posts

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
The final is Ilona Ghioroaie (ROU) - Ylena In-Albon (SUI) ;)

I hope that Ilona wins.

BTW I see that Nürnberg tournament director also is the tournament director here :p

https://www.tennis-tourtalk.com/45994/hamburg-european-open-21-under-invitational-players-revealed

Tournament Director Sandra Reichel said: “The 21 & Under Invitational with the stars of tomorrow is a passion project for us. The acceptance list is very promising, and I am curious to see how the ‘next gen’ format will be received by the players and the audience. In addition, it was very important to me to also bring the 21 & Under ladies to Hamburg.”

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Ylena In-Albon (SUI) won the title.

And Zsombor Piros (HUN) won the boys title.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts