Lindsay Davenport
Meghan Shaugnessy (keeper)

EUR TEAM:

Kim Clijsters
Justine H-Hardene
Daniela Hantuchova
Amelie Mauresmo
Anna Kournikova (keeper)

30 mins match. Who d'ya reckon would win?

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I will have to say the Europeans cos they know how to play football, the americans will lose, they havernt a clue.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Europe cause they have Kim Clijsters ;)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I'd say the Europeans simply because we generally play more football than Americans.

Also, I imagine Clijsters would make a great Centre-Half! :bounce:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
USA 2 Wales 0 yesterday (and the US only used 3 World Cup players).

USA in the last World Cup (robbed by a dodgy non-call on a handball against the Germans)?

USA is better than most Euro Nations at SOCCER now.

With Anna in goal, I dare say that the Euro babes might let the Yanks take extra shots on the net.

In closing, I sure wish Big Lindsay was in the nets for the states.

Mean J Cap should intimidate any of those Euro babes.

Only "X factor" is Kim's SOCCER lineage.

She might have game.

USA in a rout!!!

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I think you will find its called FOOTBALL :worship: :rolleyes: , and has been hundreds of years b4 the americans robbed the name and called a bunch of pansies in padding- football players, when really its just rugby for girls!!!!. :p

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Europe :bounce:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Lol this reminds me of a thread we once did on my footy club's site (now extinct, the site and message board, not the club)

Mauresmo would be a bullish (can't really say that about a woman footballer... cowish would just be offensive) centre half... alongside Clijsters, obviously the team would be coached by her dad.

Hantuchova and Henin Hardenne is a bit light upfront but it would be 5-a-side and the overhead height rule would be in place.

Serena would probably drop out for refusing the referees request to take her diamond bracelet off. Venus wouldnt want to tape her earrings... Davenport would make a good centre back... but Capriati would be the woman of the match, running round jumping into tackles, picking up a booking for dissent. I could imagine Jen Cap as a kind of likeable Robbie Savage but with skill figure in the centre of the park and a damn sight better looking.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I predict a Europe 3 USA 1 win.

Goals coming from Hantuchova (2) and a Mauresmo penalty.

Jen Cap would get USA's, the first of the game and would celebrate by taking her shirt off a la Brandy Chistain (sp) and shouting "YOU F**KING BEAUTY!"

E

·
0 Posts
Europe easily!

And how can you say that USA would beat most European countries!? I mean, probably countries like Greece could even beat USA at soccer!

E

·
0 Posts
Europe easily!

And how can you say that USA would beat most European countries!? I mean, probably countries like Greece could even beat USA at football!

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
Well. . .umm. . . don't the USA womens teams win ALL the international sports competitions?

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
Regardless the sport, USA womens teams seem to ALWAYS win the international sports competitions.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
I was hoping that someone else would point out that USA is the defending Women's World Cup Champions. Simply the best SOCCER players period.

The USA men were a call away from being in the final 4 of the last men's World Cup.

I take great pride in our emerging SOCCER domination and the pain that it is causing some of you Euros.

While England's "best player" is running around the states begging Americans to try and remember his name (is it Posh Becker or something like that) we've got little 13 year olds getting ready to rock your friggin world!!!

Mexico is our dog now in SOCCER, look out England if you actually qualify for the next cup, you're next.

Soon you all will call the game SOCCER!!!

I see Venus sweeping up any mistakes and with J Cap and Serena side by side nothing can stop the Yanks!!!

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
I expect Kim could defeat the Americans singlehandedly, if we are talking about soccer and not football. Let's keep in mind the pedigree.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
kiwifan said:
USA 2 Wales 0 yesterday (and the US only used 3 World Cup players).

USA in the last World Cup (robbed by a dodgy non-call on a handball against the Germans)?

USA is better than most Euro Nations at SOCCER now.

With Anna in goal, I dare say that the Euro babes might let the Yanks take extra shots on the net.

In closing, I sure wish Big Lindsay was in the nets for the states.

Mean J Cap should intimidate any of those Euro babes.

Only "X factor" is Kim's SOCCER lineage.

She might have game.

USA in a rout!!!
I'm from Wales and I can tell you that no-one in Wales took that game seriously at all. It was a friendly/exhibition status match and NONE of our first team players worth a damn were there. They are all being saved for the European Cup in 2004, which Wales are on the brink of qualifying for for the first time since the 1958. So, no disrespect generally to the USA but you cant use this game as any kind of serious indicator to compare Europe and the USA!!!!

Europe would wallop the USA any day of the week!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts