Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts
Let's hope the Meghann that beat Venus will show up and give us three thrilling sets of high quality tennis. What time is this match scheduled for, or does the time schedule not extend that far yet?

· Registered
19,459 Posts
i heart backhand said:
Let's hope the Meghann that beat Venus will show up and give us three thrilling sets of high quality tennis. What time is this match scheduled for, or does the time schedule not extend that far yet?
Of course a Williams sisters' name has to show up in every thread. :rolleyes:

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
I've never seen Meghann play but if she's as athletic as Harkleroad then she'll cause Zvonareva problems. I thought Vera was literally going to explode after Harky's umpteenth moonball caused her to lose yet another point. I predict that if she lets Meghann win more than 2 games in the first set, there will be tears and tantrums around the corner...

· Registered
7,943 Posts
If Shaughnessy plays well she should win. I think Vera gave away some cheap games to Harkleroad today and if Shaughnessy is playing well won't let her get away with that.
BUt I want vera to win more bonus points for Kim ;)

· Registered
7,943 Posts
monicAnna said:
vera killed dokic and dokic killed shaughnessy...i know this doesnt always mean anything, but it says something about the way these 2 are playing...vera in 2
Different players match up differently against different opponents though. Also those matches were played on different days the girls weren't necessarily playing at the same level in those matches.

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Vera hasn't impressed me since she beat Venus at the FO (and she really didn't impress me then) and I expect Meghann to beat her in three sets if her back isn't giving her problems. An injury to Meghann is the only way Vera is going to win.

· Banned
14,953 Posts
:lol:

· Banned
191 Posts
Shaughnessy is good. Very good. But Vera is much better. :)

· Registered
8,954 Posts
shaughnessy has been inconsistent lately and vera has been tempermental lately. both can play high quality tennis. vera has done better all year so i think she will win but it could go either way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.