Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's not usually a good idea to make straight up predictions and i'm sure this won't be a popular one with all the Hingis fans around. But for some reason i feel like Sveta is way overdue to make some noise, and Hingis is just in the wrong place in the draw this week.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
yeah but hingis beat her in dubai something like 6-3,7-6??hingis has the type of game that really frustrates kuzy.shes all power and hingis is the runner.i like both but i'll take hingis in a close 3 setter.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Sveta will get over her awe struck shock by playing a past champ. She will beat Hingis in straights. Alot of these girls admired Hingis but now they will get over this and start beating her.

Sveta in straights. The girl is POWER and SPEED.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
Sveta will get over her awe struck shock by playing a past champ. She will beat Hingis in straights. Alot of these girls admired Hingis but now they will get over this and start beating her.

ROTFL @ speed. She has the worst movement in women's tennis.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
vogus said:
it's not usually a good idea to make straight up predictions and i'm sure this won't be a popular one with all the Hingis fans around. But for some reason i feel like Sveta is way overdue to make some noise, and Hingis is just in the wrong place in the draw this week.
I can happen definetly, the world number 12th ranked player should beat the number 26th ranked.
But because Martina keeps upsetting higher ranked players pretty much since her comeback and on every tournament except Sydney, i think my bet is on Hingis.
In fact if Hingis loses, it will be the first time this year, she wins a match in a tournament and loses without upsetting a higher ranked player.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
Dawn Marie said:

They are professional players, don't you think its ridiculous to imply that Hingis is winning because the other players "admire" her :rolleyes:
There is so much pride these days that im sure they hate to lose to a player that retired for 3 years.
Hingis just has the tennis to hurt most of today's players who only know how to hit hard the most..

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
spencercarlos said:
They are professional players, don't you think its ridiculous to imply that Hingis is winning because the other players "admire" her :rolleyes:
There is so much pride these days that im sure they hate to lose to a player that retired for 3 years.
Hingis just has the tennis to hurt most of today's players who only know how to hit hard the most..
1. Sveta can run she is no slow snail.

2. I never stated that Hingis won because the girls admired her. Hingis won because she was the better player that day. Maybe she was quicker about grasping Sveta's game more than Sveta was Hingis's game.

3. I do think that Hingis when she first came on tour was a surprise to the younger generation. Sveta never played a player like her before, so it is only natural for Hingis to win games by merely being the experienced player in these kind of moments.

4. I feel more of these younger power players will begin to figure Hingis out. Some will lose and some won't.

5. I won't be surprised if Hingis beats Sveta but I think Sveta will win in straights. The novelty is wearing off. imho.

6. I picked Hingis and Sveta both in my tennis game. So I like both of their styles.:)

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
Allez Martina :devil:
but it's gonna be tough :unsure:

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
After Flavia Pennetta, Hingis lost to:

JHH
Clijsters (in 3 close sets)
Dementieva
Sharapova
Mauresmo
Sharapova

JHH hits hard and doesn't make errors and runs fast. Clijsters is likewise, though her forehand is exploitable. Dementieva was having an "ON" day, during which she hits hard and flat and runs like the wind. Sharapova lost to Hingis the first time, then beat her twice in a row with hard, flat, precision shots. Mauresmo again does not make errors and puts the pressure on.

Kuznetsova will always make errors. She does not have the type of game that can withstand Martina Hingis' craft. Her strokes are just technically not sound. Her fh grip is too western to get under the Hingis slice, and her backhand is, to put it bluntly, one of the ugliest strokes I have seen in tennis. Her serve is fast but it has little or no weight behind it, so Hingis won't have trouble. Yes, Kuzzie moves pretty darn well, but she goes for too much on the run, and even her defensive shots aren't consistent when running. Also, Hingis gets blown off the court by hard and FLAT shots. Kuzzie has too much topspin on the ball. However, the biggest problem Kuznetsova has is that she cannot control the ball when she has to generate her own pace. She does not position herself well, and her strokes are not sound enough to compensate.

Hingis will win in two fairly tough sets.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
1. Sveta can run she is no slow snail.

2. I never stated that Hingis won because the girls admired her. Hingis won because she was the better player that day. Maybe she was quicker about grasping Sveta's game more than Sveta was Hingis's game.

3. I do think that Hingis when she first came on tour was a surprise to the younger generation. Sveta never played a player like her before, so it is only natural for Hingis to win games by merely being the experienced player in these kind of moments.

4. I feel more of these younger power players will begin to figure Hingis out. Some will lose and some won't.

5. I won't be surprised if Hingis beats Sveta but I think Sveta will win in straights. The novelty is wearing off. imho.

6. I picked Hingis and Sveta both in my tennis game. So I like both of their styles.:)
I will never understand.. you and other WS fans..
1)I agree
2)Hingis's game "should not bother" Sveta, pretty much since Sveta has the power game to dominate the match from start to finish, yet Hingis figures out a way to beat her in Doha.
3)You don't win matches on "experience alone", experience helps a lot in tight moments to be strong on the big points, but still and mostly in match you have to play and show your arsenal, either defensive, attacking or whatever you style of play is, but win because of how you play and what you do .
4)Don't dream on that all power players will play that kind of game and be consistent on it for a long period of time..
5)As you say it's anyone's match. The better player on the day will win. And i hope the better player overall, which Hingis is wins too. But as i stated before Sveta has the weapons to win.
6)They have different styles for you, contrasting styles, and i like them both too. I love the way Sveta keeps on pouding on that forehand at will.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
mboyle said:
After Flavia Pennetta, Hingis lost to:

JHH
Clijsters (in 3 close sets)
Dementieva
Sharapova
Mauresmo
Sharapova

JHH hits hard and doesn't make errors and runs fast. Clijsters is likewise, though her forehand is exploitable. Dementieva was having an "ON" day, during which she hits hard and flat and runs like the wind. Sharapova lost to Hingis the first time, then beat her twice in a row with hard, flat, precision shots. Mauresmo again does not make errors and puts the pressure on.

Kuznetsova will always make errors. She does not have the type of game that can withstand Martina Hingis' craft. Her strokes are just technically not sound. Her fh grip is too western to get under the Hingis slice, and her backhand is, to put it bluntly, one of the ugliest strokes I have seen in tennis. Her serve is fast but it has little or no weight behind it, so Hingis won't have trouble. Yes, Kuzzie moves pretty darn well, but she goes for too much on the run, and even her defensive shots aren't consistent when running. Also, Hingis gets blown off the court by hard and FLAT shots. Kuzzie has too much topspin on the ball. However, the biggest problem Kuznetsova has is that she cannot control the ball when she has to generate her own pace. She does not position herself well, and her strokes are not sound enough to compensate.

Hingis will win in two fairly tough sets.
I don't agree, i think Svetlana has very good shots, and her forehand is especially powerful. Sure she can look horrible when having off days.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
Marti will win...most likely in 2 tough sets....similar to score line before...I will say 7-5, 6-3. Go Hingis!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
spencercarlos said:
I don't agree, i think Svetlana has very good shots, and her forehand is especially powerful. Sure she can look horrible when having off days.
I agree...great forehand when on...of course I doubt Martina will hit it there much! I guess Sveta can run around to hit it but if Hingis gets it back she will be out of position...

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Martina :hearts: good luck

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Sveta at her USO 04 level could hit through Martina.

Sveta hasn't been at her 2004 level since 2004.

Sveta's head is going to hurt after an hour with Martina - the uE tend to follow.

sveta is getting betta - but is she there yet??

1 - 20 of 49 Posts